Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

E

5 Posts

October 22nd, 2018 15:00

Support Assist does not recognize my laptop

Trying to scan for drivers and i get the error "There is no match for that Service Tag or product ID. Please try again, auto-detect or choose from all products"

Its a new XPS 13 which I bought from a reseller. Why cant the website find it so i can easier scan for missing drivers? Cheers

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

October 22nd, 2018 16:00

You'll need to ask your reseller - only they know the system's history.  If they can't answer satisfactorily, return the system for a refund - could be a grey market system, one that was returned or had its mainboard replaced, or someone who sold a system they shouldn't have such as a replacement, or a pre-release beta system.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 23rd, 2018 07:00

Eshjie,

You purchased your system from a reseller. Therefore, your system is not registered with Dell. That is why the service tag is not being recognized. You will need to click the link below and fill out the tag and warranty transfer form. This process can take up to 2 weeks to complete. In the meantime, update the drivers manually if needed. Click the link below to download the drivers for your system. Once on the site choose your computer model and the OS installed.

Warranty and Ownership Transfer

Dell Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

5 Posts

November 22nd, 2018 13:00

@DELL-Jesse L wrote:

Eshjie,

You purchased your system from a reseller. Therefore, your system is not registered with Dell. That is why the service tag is not being recognized. You will need to click the link below and fill out the tag and warranty transfer form. This process can take up to 2 weeks to complete. In the meantime, update the drivers manually if needed. Click the link below to download the drivers for your system. Once on the site choose your computer model and the OS installed.

Warranty and Ownership Transfer

Dell Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Thanks for the pointer, but this doesn't seem to work. I just get an invalid service tag error. Any ideas?

5 Posts

Thanks, but this doesn't seem to work. I just get an invalid service tag error

5 Posts

@ejn63 wrote:

You'll need to ask your reseller - only they know the system's history.  If they can't answer satisfactorily, return the system for a refund - could be a grey market system, one that was returned or had its mainboard replaced, or someone who sold a system they shouldn't have such as a replacement, or a pre-release beta system.

Hmm.. I will ask. What would be a satisfactory answer to this i wonder?

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2018 14:00

Only the seller can explain why the service tag comes up invalid.  Contact them - and if they can't get it registered for you, you either accept that you have a no-support orphan system, or you return it for a refund.

No Events found!