Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

M

March 15th, 2018 11:00

TB16 Ethernet and usb not/stop working.

I have over 10 xps13 and a P5520 all up to date with the latest updates both Dell command update and Windows 10 pro updates, and the TB16's all stopped working... Ethernet works for 5 min, then comes and goes for 5 min until finally vanishing... the adapter no long shows in network properties.  The USB ports also don't work.  The display port passes signal to a second monitor though... 

Uninstalling the drivers hangs the computers. Repairing the driver hangs the computer.  Fresh installs of Windows

same as above.  Works for a bit... and dies...  3 different docks... same exact behavior.. 

Help, please!!! 

Max

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

March 15th, 2018 15:00

Do you have Citrix Receiver installed?  Your symptoms sound a lot like a known incompatibility between the TB16's USB host controller driver (which would break USB, Ethernet, and audio) and older versions of Citrix Receiver.  The fix is to download a newer version of Receiver straight from Citrix.

March 15th, 2018 15:00

That was exactly what it was.  Good catch thanks.

40 Posts

July 3rd, 2018 00:00

I have the same problem on a 7490.

None of the methods described before is solving the issue.

When I recover my laptop from sleep, the ethernet + usb do not want to work.

Only the screens are working.

How can I solve this problem?

3 Posts

July 27th, 2018 12:00

Same issue here.  I have a Precision 3520.  I actually have 2 of these docks and have issues with both.  Cant figure it out.

August 13th, 2018 01:00

Same problem here. Two Dell 5510, each with a TB16. Stopped working in July. Display works fine. USB and Ethernet not working.

Tried to uninstall/reinstall ASMedia and Thunderport Controller without any effect.

No Citrix installed

2 Posts

August 29th, 2018 15:00

I tried installing all new drivers and also new Citrix receiver and still USB, ethernet and audio jacks do not work. VGA monitor works. I can charge my phone with USB port but that's it. External drive will pop in and out until it goes completely out.

1 Message

September 7th, 2018 07:00

I found the solution for the same issue which I was having as well...

If changing the Power Output and turning off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power..." does not work.

Access Device Manager > System Devices > Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 15D9 > Update driver

After updating and getting prompt, select "Always Connect"

Now it is working just fine. Hope this information helped!

1 Message

November 28th, 2018 15:00

I've tried installing Cirtix and the Controller Driver, they're all the latest versions and my USB ports still don't work. Any other ideas??
No Events found!