Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 16th, 2018 11:00

TB16 Multi-Stream Transport upgrade failed

• Machine: XPS 9550
  • BIOS: 1.7.0
  • All drivers are up-to-date

After running (DellDockingStationFwUp_1.0.0_03192018_TB16.exe), got the error below. Then, HDMI and mDP both not functioning. Both ports along with DP were all running before the update. Now, only DP is working.

Anyone knows how to revert the firmware of TB16? or what could fix this issue?

TB16_firmware_update.PNG

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

September 21st, 2018 12:00

I agree that first updating (in this order) your system BIOS/firmware, system Thunderbolt software/driver, and system Thunderbolt 3 controller firmware before reattempting the dock firmware update would be a good idea.  I'm not sure how you could install a dock firmware update without the dock connected as was mentioned above, though.

TB16 Firmware Update Procedure

6 Posts

September 19th, 2018 15:00

I have this identical issue.

No help?

14 Posts

September 20th, 2018 20:00

The problem is solved for me. But I forgot what I did. Possibly uninstall all thunderbolt related drivers, then install again. Also, power down the dock completely with power removed. Then, try the update again. 

September 21st, 2018 04:00

I just updated all my firmware whilst trying to get external audio interface working on my TB16.
What I noticed was when I updated firmware with my dock connected it failed. I updated without the dock connected it worked. Then reconected the dock. Maybe worth giving it a try.

This was not my issue so still looking for solution but I did update my TB16 Dock and XPS firmware yesterday which show update successful.

Good luck.

No Events found!