Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 19th, 2022 03:00

Third party USB C hubs malfunction with XPS 9520

I have 2 different multipurpose USB C hubs. These contain USB A ports, HDMI & Ethernet & PD

When connecting one or the other, HDMI works, but the USB A port is not functioning. I cannot connect a keyboard to it. Even more, new devices via Bluetooth like a Bluetooth mouse won't connect while the USB c hub is attached to the notebook. 

The USB c hubs works with any other notebook. So these are not broken. All updates/firmware updates were executed. Also tried a fresh windows 11 install to be sure nothing else was breaking the connection.

USB C hubs not working:

https://www.startech.com/en-be/cards-adapters/dkt30chcpd
https://www.tribetek.nl/products/licht-bevochtiger-aroma-diffuser-hout

The small USB C hub with only hdmi & 1 usbA delivered with the XPS does work. Making me think it's some older protocol maybe that is buggy with the new XPS 9520

• 

16.7K Posts

July 22nd, 2022 04:00

user confirmed dell shipped usb hub works fine

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

June 19th, 2022 04:00

Dell support would hardly do anything about it. I think Dell is following Apple footsteps to make their tech more proprietary. 

Best you can do it , to try to update CHIPSET, INTEL MANAGEMENT and BIOS

2 Posts

November 13th, 2022 14:00

Are 3rd party USB-C Hubs supposed to work on the 9520? I just got my brand new Dell XPS 9520 and it only partially works with my USB-C HUB. I can plug a USB drive into and it works. The monitors work. However, It does not work with keyboard, mouse, or my Arduino's. I need to know if this represents a problem with my laptop or if there is known incompatibility with 3rd party USB C Hubs. 

The hub works fine with my Microsoft SurfaceBook 2

The hub I'm using: Hiearcool USBC Hub 

Justin

November 14th, 2022 00:00

Some do not work, but after upgrading bios to latest version, some started to work, but not all.

Usb-c hubs with network port seem to be the biggest issue

1 Rookie

• 

271 Posts

November 29th, 2022 21:00

Is there a list of what works and what doesn't?

No Events found!