Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

November 23rd, 2018 18:00

Thunderbolt 3 not recognized on XPS 13 9370

I have had my XPS 13 for about a month now. When I first receive it, the device ran and operate flawlessly. Then I was on the go for 2 weeks without plugging in anything. Now when I connect the laptop to my Aorus 1070, I only get the laptop to charge and it doesn't recognize any other devices as well as the external GPU. I did notice that there were some updates to Windows 10 and I have tried to roll back as far as I could. Nothing seems to help.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 24th, 2018 04:00

What other devices are not recognized (bear in mind the system does not support an external GPU - so it may or may not work reliably with this system)?

What happens if you take the system back to its factory configuration?

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln297924/create-windows-10-recovery-media-for-your-dell-computer

1 Message

January 8th, 2019 10:00

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with my Aorus gaming box 9370. I tried plugging and unplugging but that didn't work. Also, when I try to bring up the Thunderbolt Software, it says that "Thunderboltservice cannot be found in Services." Anyone know how to reinstall Thunderbolt service to a computer?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

January 10th, 2019 18:00

@SUNiMOD wrote:

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with my Aorus gaming box 9370. I tried plugging and unplugging but that didn't work. Also, when I try to bring up the Thunderbolt Software, it says that "Thunderboltservice cannot be found in Services." Anyone know how to reinstall Thunderbolt service to a computer?

The Thunderbolt Service is installed by the Thunderbolt Software, so if you have that software installed but the service isn't working, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Thunderbolt Software.

No Events found!