Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2018 09:00

Thunderbolt driver error message

I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 using the thunderbolt TB16 that randomly pops up a message with "Your PC may need updates for the Thunderbolt 3 port to function properly. For more information go to: https://thunderbolttechnology.net/updates"

That website brings me to the dell support site. I've already applied all the driver updates from the dell website and it still doesn't seem to be the fix.

Everything works fine with the thunderbolt except for that error message that keeps popping up sometimes.

If anyone knows of any solution, please let me know.

Thanksthunderbolt error.png

9.4K Posts

February 21st, 2018 05:00

Hi The PJ_5,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that you are receiving that error message.

One way to stop this problem is to open Add/remove programs and find the Dell Driver update program and uninstall it. It is not a necessary program if you like to do your own driver updates.  Or you can disable The Dell Support Center notification program.  When the window opens. Select "User Settings" and select the "Alerts" tab. Select "Disable" beneath Notification in the Notification Settings.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Thunderbolt port on a Dell PC

5 Posts

February 21st, 2018 07:00

Thanks a lot @robert p. I'm going give that a try.

June 18th, 2018 02:00

I don't have any of those softwares, the message is from the thunderbolt settings software

4 Posts

October 21st, 2018 23:00

Hi ,

I have the same message. But tunderbold is also ramdomly freezing my laptop. if i unplug the tunderbold the freeze stop. 

No Events found!