Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

December 4th, 2018 06:00

Touchpad suddenly misfunctioning

Hi-

I have an XPS 13 9350 and it's worked perfectly for a while. A couple months ago, my trackpad started having issues. I can use it as just a regular mouse, but I have lost the ability to highlight text, drag and drop, or use a scroll bar with it. I have tried updating drivers but it doesn't fix it. I see that others have had this issue in the community boards, but haven't found any solutions to it. Please note: it otherwise works - I can use it to click around or move my mouse. I can also use my touch screen to highlight text or use scroll bars, just not the touch pad. My right click has also gone from working normally to barely working, but does occasionally with extreme force at the VERY edge.

This is very frustrating since these are common uses. Does anyone have any insights or help? Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 4th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Do you see the touchpad reset option under settings – touchpad?

If you have Dell Support assist installed- Click troubleshoot- test specific piece of hardware – mouse & run test.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

380 Posts

December 5th, 2018 01:00

Is the touchpad flat on the surface on the laptop or has it raised up a little from the surface? You could have a swelling battery issue which seems to be a common problem with the 9x50's.

JohnD

No Events found!