Highlighted
tambua
Bronze

Ubuntu16.04 ISO for XPS 9370

Hello everybody,

I'm an happy owner of a Dell Xps 9370.

I need to download the recovery image iso Ubuntu16.04 ISO for XPS 9370 2,07 GB, but after entering my product serial number on the Dell Support Page and clicking 'download'....it returns 'error'.

Thanx in advance,

Claudio

13 Replies
jphughan
Diamond

Re: Ubuntu16.04 ISO for XPS 9370

Not sure why you're getting an error, but I’m pretty sure the regular Ubuntu ISO you can get from the regular Ubuntu page would work just fine.
0 Kudos
tambua
Bronze

Thanx for your kind suggestion, but since my hard disk resulted to be broken (after a week since I've started using my new laptop) and I need to restore the image that is shipped with the machine I'm trying to notificate to DELL that their link is broken. This is my message for DELL engineers:

"Hello everyone, I would like to inform Dell engineers that the link to download the recovery ISO of dell xps13 9370 2018 sold with ubuntu (www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/osiso/linux) is broken. Since, as in my case where the hard disk has failed, the recovery ISO is absolutely necessary, is it possible to fix the link or at least provide a link on DELL servers from which to download it?"

The name of the image is "Ubuntu16.04 ISO for XPS 9370" 2.07 GB.

tambua
Bronze

Thanks for your kind reply, but I really need the recovery image with its customization because I need to restore the machine to factory defaults. In particular:

I can confirm that the link to download the recovery ISO of dell xps13 9370 2018 sold with ubuntu is broken. Since, as in my case where the hard disk has failed, the image is necessary, is it possible to fix the link or at least provide a link from which to download it?

tambua
Bronze

UP

OrenWF
Bronze

0 Kudos
mortona42
Bronze

For what it's worth, I'm running regular ubuntu 18.04 and it's working pretty good. I ran Debian too (had to use the Stretch dev version), but switched hoping for better battery life and other optimizations. Some dell drivers did get updated when I installed the latest ubuntu.

0 Kudos
THX-101
Bronze

Same here. Links is still broken and Dell OS Recovery Tool still says download is corrupt. Some help here Dell !!

tambua
Bronze

I still don't know why is so difficult to restore the download link...since their engineers surely have this image (they sold our laptops...).

0 Kudos
THX-101
Bronze

Oh wow ! The Dell OS Recovery Tool went from 'corrupt download' to 'we encountered an issue'. And the webpage stopped giving an error too, now it says 'page not found'. Thanks Dell !

0 Kudos