Highlighted
Matthew34
1 Copper

Utter BS Tech Support/ Laptop Return/ Repair Center

So I'm pretty upset. I have had an XPS 15 2 in 1 for almost a year now. About 3 months ago I started having problems with it. These problems continued to get worse and more frustrating until finally it complete broke. What I mean by that is that none of the ports would work. I could not charge it. I could not plug in a mouse. I could not do anything that remotely involved plugging something into the laptop. I called Dell and they said I had the warrent until June/July, I dont exactly remember the date. They tried to do a bunch of troubleshooting things but none worked. They told me they would send me a box and to send the computer back and that they would fix it. I did exactly that. I got the box, I put my laptop, my charger and my piece of paper with all the info on it, and that same day I took it to fedex and sent it off. NEARLY 4 WEEKS LATER I recieved the laptop back. I booted it up, and it said, enter my pin. I did. It said something like " Your pin is no longer available" followed by a bunch of numbers. I called dell back. "Sorry we are currently too busy call back later" that night at exactly 11:53 pm I get a call from dell support, appologizing for them being so busy. The next day AKA today, after I realized it was Dell support at 11:53 pm and hung up the phone, I called them again, AKA 6 hours ago. After waiting forever. I was eventually put through to someone who made me do a bunch of trouble shooting things before making me do a complete reset. I did this. Removing all of the files. After this reset I was brought to the cortanna start up page. Of course she is frozen on the "Hi I'm cortanna" page. Absolutely nothing I do will make her change or continue. So following the instructions of the support dude, reset my computer nearly half a dozen times more. Every.Single.Time It froze on the exact same screen. He said the only thing he could do was send another box and have me send it back. Are you kidding me? I just went over a month without this computer. You guys apparently reinstalled all the software and completely replaced the motherboad. and you still managed to break it? I asked if since this is now the second time I have had to send my computer in, can I just simply get it replaced with an entirely new laptop. To make sure this does not happen a third time. He said no. He would not give a solid explination why. What this all sounds like to me is that dell is trying to string me along until my warrenty runs out in a few weeks so they don't have to replace my computer. I'm so frustrated I cant even begin to describe it. I mean I sent the **bleep** thing off for weeks, it comes back broken!! what??? So I guess I just have to hope and pray that my computer gets back to me before my warrenty runs out so if there is something again wrong with it I will have the option of sending it back for the third time? and if you think for a second I am going to give dell anymore of my money to renew my warrenty you have another thing coming. I am 100% never buying another one of there garbage products again. "Oh you have a problem and you cant fix it on your own? send it in for 4 weeks only to have it returned just as broken. Thank you for shopping with dell" unbelievable. 

If anybody at dell sees this and maybe can do a better job at "helping" me than there tech support/ repair center

my service tag is <Service tag removed>

my system model is XPS 15 2IN1 9575

my dispatch number is 708525815

if you are not dell, and are reading this. Pray to god you do not have to send your laptop in, because good luck getting it back not broken even more. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Utter BS Tech Support/ Laptop Return/ Repair Center

Hi Matthew34,

Thanks for posting and for sending your service tag information.  In looking up the information for this account, I see that the technicians have sent you a box to return the system to the depot for further repairs.  Apologies that the system is not performing as expected, and hopefully they will be able to resolve your issue.  

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Matthew34
1 Copper

Re: Utter BS Tech Support/ Laptop Return/ Repair Center

Hey, 

Just adding to my frustration, It has been a week since they said they would send out a box and now you are telling me that your system says they sent a box. Yet I have no box. Again this is the second time I have returned my computer in the last month. And it has been over a month since I have been able to use it because you guys cant seem to fix my computer. 

Extremely frustrated customer

Matthew Mayberry 

0 Kudos