Unsolved

R

1 Message

January 24th, 2023 06:00

VPN Issue

XPS 17 9710

XPS 17 9710

Hi everyone-

Recently we had some data migration issues that required me to VPN into our servers frequently throughout the day. After 3 or 4 days, I left it connected and returned a few hours later. My machine had gone to sleep, the VPN disconnected, all WiFi networks were gone, and I couldn't get on the internet. I ran the network troubleshooter, which said suggested resetting all network settings. I did that, and now I can't get on the VPN.

I deleted the VPN profile and re-configured and still no luck. I ran a winsock netsh reset in CMD prompt, along with some others, but no luck. All our users can still get on the VPN, and I can connect with my personal laptop. It's something with this work laptop that's stuck, and I can't figure out what the problem is.

I should also mention that we use an MFA. You sign into the VPN with your windows creds, we get a prompt on an app on our phone to "allow" and then it cycles through and you're in. I get the prompt and allow it, but then under the VPN says: A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection.

• 

16.7K Posts

January 31st, 2023 07:00

rdube87,

Click the Get Help Now icon on this thread for assistance in resolving the issue.

No Events found!