Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 4th, 2019 13:00

XPS 15 9560, no WAVES MaxxAudio Pro pop-up

As of yesterday, the pop-up dialog that allows me to set my audio device as a line-in port no longer will show up when I plug something in.

I already have the box checked in MaxxAudio Pro that says "show pop-up dialog when device is connected"

I use this every day to plug in a cable as line-in (really if there is a way for me to just permanently set it as line-in that would be fine too)

I can't get this pop-up to show anymore all of the sudden. I've restarted and also completely reinstalled the realtek drivers and the maxxaudio program with no change.

I've tried restarting with the cable plugged into the jack also with no success (usually the popup would show pretty quickly after starting up when I'd do that)

Is there any way to fix this or just force it to be line-in?

It's a Dell XPS 15 9560. All Dell drivers are up to date and latest windows updates installed.

Realtek Audio driver: 6.0.1.8622
Realtek USB Audio driver: 6.3.9600.2208
Windows 1903 (10.0.18362)

• 

25.1K Posts

October 17th, 2019 02:00

Hi, I’ve got an update from our product engineering team and they have tested the docking station and the XPS 9560 and they have concluded that with the dock connected to the system, when you connect the headphones, you will not get the wavemax audio max popup, you will have to use the port on the dock to get the audio from the headphones, you will not be able to use line-in. This is working as designed.

Regards,

DellGopalD

19 Posts

July 5th, 2019 12:00

I managed to make the popup show again by uninstalling the drivers and restarting.. but now it's back to being broken (and uninstalling again won't fix)

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 6th, 2019 06:00

You might be able to turn the popup on or off using the advanced settings from the User Interface.

A recent update caused my system to stop working correctly so I had to uninstall and then reinstall the correct driver.  In my case, the system would switch to an external mic. but no options to allow for type of device was ever offered.

Check the details on your Dell driver, it may give some info about certain driver versions regarding your system.  Knowing your complete system model number will help us check for a drivers and tell if other similar systems are experiencing the same situation.

19 Posts

July 6th, 2019 09:00

It's a XPS 15 9560

I have the Dell update program on my computer though which says everything is up to date although I have also tried manually installing the audio drivers from here too: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15-9560-laptop/drivers

• 

16.7K Posts

July 8th, 2019 06:00

abney317,

Did you test the wave max pro from the Microsoft Store?

19 Posts

July 8th, 2019 10:00

I've already tried the version from the Microsoft Store. Still not working.

1 Message

September 8th, 2019 10:00

Face the same issue on me Dell 7567 after Windows update to 1903

19 Posts

October 7th, 2019 18:00

Still not working months later. Can't get the popup to show still. Although when I uninstall the realtek drivers it does pop up for a second.

Update =

Weirdly enough I've actually made some sort of progress here after reinstalling the latest driver. I now have the popup showing again (why it has finally worked this time I don't know). But there is still an issue where if I plug in a TB16 dock to the laptop it prevents the popup from ever showing again even if I unplug the dock. It seems I can consistently get the popup to show after restarting the computer though as long as I never plug in the dock.

I'm made a video showing this behavior with the dock here: https://youtu.be/MIzc36ouSsg

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 9th, 2019 11:00

* This XPS 15-9560 shipped from Dell on October 3, 2017. When did you add the TB16?

* Via Private Message, send us the TB16 service tag number and 20 digit serial number

* Did you install Windows 10-1903?

* If yes, did you have this issue prior to Windows 10-1903?

* Read through the this and this. The TB16 is very particular about the drivers residing on the PC and its own firmware update.

19 Posts

October 9th, 2019 16:00

I've had the dock since late March of 2019.

I also have another one that I use with this exact same laptop at work that I've had since the same day I got the laptop (I have not tested that dock in a while, but it had the same issues last time I checked)

Sent you the serial number and service tag.

I did install 1903 (as my first post says) and I have actually completely reinstalled windows since then also. (Last reinstall was 6/18/2019).

The port worked mostly fine before my original post here. I occasionally would have to restart my computer to make it show up I remember, but I definitely used it for a year+ with no issues.

Both the TB16 and my XPS have all drivers completely up to date.

19 Posts

October 9th, 2019 19:00

1) Correct. Sometimes with the dock plugged in it will show up once and then never again though.
2) Only if I never plug in the dock after a fresh restart.
3) Correct.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 9th, 2019 19:00

I appreciate you working with me so patiently. After the recent driver update that we did yesterday, I need to clarify the below information.

1) With the TB16 dock connected to the system and when you connect the headphones to the laptop port, you do not get any see the wavemax audio pro popup. (Yes or No)

2) Without the TB16, when you connect the headphones to the laptop port, you see the wavemax audio pro popup. (Yes or No)

3) With the TB16 dock connected to the system, when you connect the headphones to the port on the dock you can still head audio from the headphones except that you do not get the wavemax audio pro popup. (Yes or No)

If you noticed anything else, let me know.

Regards,

Dell-GopalD

• 

25.1K Posts

October 9th, 2019 20:00

Thanks for confirming that. I'll go ahead and have this reviewed by our product engineering team. Allow me 1-2 business days and I'll write back to you as soon as I hear from you.

Regards,

Dell-GopalD

• 

25.1K Posts

October 9th, 2019 21:00

Thanks for confirming that. I'll go ahead and have this reviewed by our product engineering team. Allow me 1-2 business days and I'll write back to you as soon as I hear from them.

Regards,

Dell-GopalD

• 

25.1K Posts

October 13th, 2019 17:00

Hi,
I'm yet to receive an update from our product engineering team. I'll drop you a message as soon as I hear from them.
Regards,
Dell-GopalD

No Events found!