Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 2nd, 2019 02:00

Warranty started 6 months before I purchased a brand new uni

Hi! I purchased a XPS 13 2in1 9365 in August 2018 from Lazada.sg and it was delivered on 28/08/2018. Now the laptop is freezing and I'm looking at the warranty... However, it says that it started on 05 February 2018 (and has now ended!), more than 6 months before I purchased this brand new unit. How can I get this problem addressed? Is this a case of fraud from the vendor that Dell needs to look into or an error in the system? Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Any help or advise much welcomed! -- e.

2 Posts

May 5th, 2019 20:00

Quick update:

Thanks to the information provided by Dell, I was able to talk to the seller and get a full refund. Thanks again! Great support!

3 Posts

April 2nd, 2019 13:00

Hi, I dont know what country you are in but a warranty will start from the day you received the items. If you have proof of the delivery then Dell will have to accept that as the start date. There are consumer protection law certainly here in the UK so get your deliver note out and I'm sure they will accept it.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 3rd, 2019 05:00

@ZeFrench 

Thank you for your message. All retail systems will have a shelf life of 3 months apart from the basic 1-year warranty. However, in your case, time has been exceeded.

Was this purchased as a new computer or a used computer?

I will be glad to investigate this & assist you within my support boundaries. For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name, purchase invoice copy & email address.          

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!