Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 30th, 2018 09:00

What is that part and where I can buy it? Under left hinge.

I have issues with my left hinge near power socket, there is small piece of some material (plastic?) that is used to attach both hinge and power socket to case, sadly mine seems to be broken. Some pics: QCEmPJH

IMG_20181030_165008

I probably need to replace this with power socket too (huh, maybe dell broke it as I had it already replaced long time ago when I still had my warranty), as it was joined with a screw, but I can't find that one part, anyone?

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

October 30th, 2018 09:00

It would help to know your model number, but on most systems, the part you're describing is likely broken off the base assembly, which is what you'll need to replace.  The base plastic won't be expensive -- perhaps $30-40 at most -- but since you then must totally disassemble the system to transfer everything inside over to the new chassis -- everything is fastened to the base assembly and will need to come out in order to transfer it (it's the equivalent of replacing the frame on a pickup truck -- total disassembly/reassembly).

3 Posts

October 30th, 2018 10:00

Yep, thanks, this seems to be it, sadly this will be much more work and risk, but at least I know what to do. I wonder if replacing to one with fingerprint scanner would work, as mine didn't have it. Sadly I need to buy one with touchpad too, as I don't see any offer to buy only this part without huge delivery cost so price will stay this same... (XPS 9560) But thanks for help.
No Events found!