captcaper
2 Iron

Which pen for XPS 9365 2 in 1 ?

New to me xps 9365 2 in 1. I bought a Dell pn556w pen and can't get it to work. Not sure if it's the pen or what ever. The touch screen works and the sketch pad works with fingers. I check many places to see if there is a turn on tab for that pen but to no avail.

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Re: Which pen for XPS 9365 2 in 1 ?

All three of the Active Pens will work.  If it doesn't work, does the screen recognize the pen when it gets close?  

Did you install the AAAA and 2 button cell batteries?

Have you been able to pair it with the Bluetooth?

There is a driver for the Pen to set its configuration but Windows 10 does have options, I believe on the Devices page in Settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
captcaper
2 Iron

I did pair it and the click top worked to open Ink etc but the front of the pen didn't. It was supposed to be new but I bet the battery might be dead as the box it came in was opened and taped before it was sold to me. I sent it back and will try another one from another vendor. I didn't have a AAA to try. 

I also loaded the drivers from Dell's site..shows in my menu etc so it must be the pen or battery. 

But thanks for telling me it should work. Is there a pen that is better? What are the 3 pens? 

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

I am currently using the 579X.  It only uses the one AAAA battery and seems to be more stable.  Of course, it is the most expensive.  But the prior two were follow on versions with the 579X being the latest. 

With the earlier pens, I actually needed to gently tap the side of the pen near the point to "wake it up" so I could use it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos