Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2018 08:00

XPS 13 9350, keep blinking orange?

Hi I am using xps. I have just changed a adapter cable becuase the old one did not work. But today the light under mouse pad is keep blinking orange when i use laptop and it seems like fully charged but when i remove the adapter cable from laptop, it turns off right away. It is not charged but in the screen the sign is charged. Why is this happening? How can i stop it from blinking orange?

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

February 27th, 2018 10:00

A normal lifespan for a lithium battery is 300-500 charge cycles or about 18-24 months -- whichever comes first.  A battery won't last the life of the system - any more than one will last the life of your car.  It's a normal replacement item and if your battery has been in active use for 2.2 years, it's entirely reasonable the battery needs replacement.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

February 26th, 2018 09:00

Most likely you have a bad battery.  What model system (i.e., XPS L502x, 9350, etc.) and how old is the system (and battery)?

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

February 27th, 2018 04:00

Is the system recognizing the AC adapter or does it show unknown?  F2 at powerup to check.

3 Posts

February 27th, 2018 04:00

Hello, 

Thank you very much for your reply. My laptop model is XPS9350 13 inches. 

My brother bought this for me in USA exactly 2years and 2months ago. 

But I am currently living in Bangkok. 

It is still blinking orange. May I know any method to fix this? If I need to go to repair shop, approximately how much it will cost? if it is too expensive can I just leave it like this? 

Thank you very much!

3 Posts

February 27th, 2018 07:00

Hello, 

when I looked the "Battery information" by pressing F2 on the process of starting the laptop,

it says:  primary Battary

(Battery Picture) 

Idle  battery needs to be replaced 

AC Adapter = 45W 

So I think it recognizes the ac adapter. But maybe I need to replace my battery? 

But I swear I only used 2.2 years and how come it does not last at least 3 years...? 

I am so disappointed...

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

February 27th, 2018 10:00

The battery will flash orange if its bad and will no longer charge and or when it gets below 3 percent full.

No Events found!