Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 21st, 2018 09:00

XPS 15 9560, WiFi + Bluetooth Problems. Killer 1535 WiFi adapter

Hello.

The problem is that the internet over WiFi works quite well until the moment I connect a Bluetooth device to the PC. It can be a mouse or headphones. When a device connected the internet speed drops significantly from e.g. 3MB/s down to 100kB/s.

I tested this several times with different devices and the result was always the same. Furthermore, I've recently found out that even if I connect no device to the PC but just turn Bluetooth on on any device near the PC it gives the same effect. I checked this with Bluetooth headset, mouse and a simple phone.

It turns out that the Bluetooth on the laptop is absolutely useless and moreover I cannot even use other BT devices near the laptop.

The Support changed my motherboard and SSD recently in the context of another problem.

Please help! Thank you.

November 27th, 2019 10:00

@capndavid2001 Thank you for your message on this matter, we apologize for the issues that you are encountering with your device. Could you please submit a ticket with the link below, and include all information of the VPN you are using, and a Diagnostic so we can assist you with this.  While we look at your ticket, I also recommend turning off Advanced Stream Detect in the Killer Control Center and let us know if this allows you to use the VPN or not. 

If you or anyone else reading this thread are still experiencing issues with your Killer Networking adapter, we'd like to help! You can reach out to us directly here - https://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/  

To help expedite the ticket process please provide a Diagnostic along with your ticket if possible.  

Diagnostic Tool: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-diagnostics/  

Once you have the application downloaded, please run the application, click Start at the bottom left and then, once it is finished, click Save to save the output file, and attach the output file to your reply. Please do not copy and paste the results into your reply email. Please attach the output .TXT file to your reply, instead.   

Thank you again for your time - Nicholas with Killer Networking  

Killer Networking has a subreddit! /r/KillerNetworking/ 

Also, if you are having problems, see the Killer KB! 

1 Message

March 24th, 2020 09:00

I'm running a dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. 

No issues with wifi or bluetooth when using Windows. 
But I had issues when using Ubuntu - Wifi and Bluetooth both work independently, but Wifi would be disabled when I turned bluetooth on.

Following these instructions here solved this issue for me.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln306440/killer-n1535-wireless-firmware-manual-update-guide-for-ubuntu-systems?lang=en

May 22nd, 2018 12:00

Hello,

I am the official support for Killer Networking.

The issue that you are describing is usually caused by Bluetooth interference. When your Bluetooth radio is transmitting and receiving, your Wi-Fi radio is struggling. There are a few ways to address this. 

• Update your drivers. You can find the latest Killer Control Center here - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64 and the latest Bluetooth driver for your device here - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/1525-1535-1435bt-w10. This might help your Bluetooth device to find a channel in which to work.
  • Update the BIOS on your machine. Dell's excellent automatic updater can take care of that for you. That will make sure that your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi adapter are both getting enough power. Make sure you also update all available drivers, especially chipset drivers, but not including any Killer drivers, since you're getting those from us. 
  • Change the 2.4 GHz radio settings on your wireless router. You will need to access your router's setup page to do this. You can usually find instructions and default username and password online by searching the router or modem's model number, which can be found on the bottom or back of the device, if it's not on top. This may help because Bluetooth also operates in the 2.4 GHz range, so changing your 2.4 GHz settings will change what your wireless adapter is doing in the frequency range that your Bluetooth uses, hopefully resolving the conflict. 2.4 GHz radio should always be set to Channel 1, 6, or 11, so pick one of those channels that you are not on currently. The channel width (it may be called side channel or sideband) should be 20 MHz (not 40 MHz or auto). If this doesn't work, try a different channel, still choosing from 1, 6, or 11. 

If none of those solve it for you, you might be looking at a power supply issue with the laptop. However, there are a few other things that we might be able to try, with the help of a diagnostic from your machine. You can always reach out to us directly for more troubleshooting at

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

Check out this review for the Killer Wireless 1535!

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 05:00

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I've checked the driver and actually my BT adapter is Qualcomm not Killer. But anyway it shouldn't affect somehow to the situation because I don't even turn the BT on the laptop on. I just turn on ANY Bluetooth device next to the Laptop and it affects internet speed immediately.

I've updated my BIOS to the latest version.

I've checked all of the mentioned channels and unfortunately the situation was still the same.

The e-mail you wrote doesn't show up in your message. It probably was deleted by the forum system or something like that.

May 24th, 2018 12:00

I apologize for the email address not appearing. Maybe they'll allow the website. You can visit our website at killernetworking.com and click Contact Support under Support to send me an email, as well. It's a small form, but it serves the same purpose. 

The Qualcomm Bluetooth is the Bluetooth from our adapter. Our adapters are Qualcomm-based, so the Bluetooth driver is labeled as Qualcomm in the Device Manager. 

That's interesting that any Bluetooth device turned on next to the laptop affects its Internet speed. This is definitely a radio interference issue, in that case, but I'm really surprised that changing the channels on your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi didn't help. Do you know whether you are connected to a 2.4 GHz or a 5 GHz wireless access point? 

I'd really like to see a diagnostic from you while you are experiencing this issue! You can submit a diagnostic on that same form at killernetworking.com. 

3 Posts

May 29th, 2018 02:00

Thank you, I applied the form. But how do I do the diagnostic tool?

May 30th, 2018 11:00

I have replied to your support ticket in our system. You may also want to reach out to Dell support, in case this ends up being a power supply issue with the laptop. 

July 19th, 2018 06:00

I was also experiencing the same problem, although connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network. The fix for me was to update the Bluetooth driver to the latest version, 10.0.0.709.

1 Message

September 5th, 2018 11:00

i have a dell G7 7588...and i had the same problem with my Wifi card 9560. to solve it, i uninstalled the Smartbyte application.

November 24th, 2019 18:00

I want to install a VPN software on my Dell XPS 1535 but the wireless Qualcomm killer wireless adapter is not compatible for VPN. Can you offer any help to fix this driver problem?

Thank you

March 24th, 2020 10:00

@nmummau Thank you for that information, and feedback. If you need anything, please reach out to us for assistance. Thank you again for your time - Nicholas with Killer Networking.

No Events found!