Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

June 19th, 2019 00:00

Wifi drops randomly on Dell xps 15 9570 , the Killer network card automatically gets disabled and enabled after sometime

Wifi drops randomly on Dell xps 15 9570 , the Killer network card automatically gets disabled and enabled after sometime. I have waited for over 7 months for a stable driver for killer 1535 network card but the problem still exists. What should I do?

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

June 19th, 2019 03:00

@Shashank9003 wrote:

Wifi drops randomly on Dell xps 15 9570 , the Killer network card automatically gets disabled and enabled after sometime. I have waited for over 7 months for a stable driver for killer 1535 network card but the problem still exists. What should I do?

Hi @Shashank9003 depending the exact symptoms that the card is exhibiting it could be the actual card that is it fault here. 

When you say it gets disabled automatically, what happens to the icon in the system tray, does it show you a red x through the wireless icon?

Or does the card simply lose connection to the network and then reconnects again?

The Killer reps frequent these boards and they recommend using the Killer drivers from themselves rather than Dell's packaged ones as they have found to be more stable. They can be downloaded from here - https://support.killernetworking.com/software/

You can try the driver only package for the x64 and see how stable the system is.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Alan

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 19th, 2019 05:00

Have you gone through the process shown on this Rivet Networks page?

https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/

I have been installing Killer Wireless cards for testing and have had no problems with them.  I wish had had one of the problematic systems to test, but I don't have the money to buy one.  If you go through the linked process and something doesn't work as expected, post back since it may be one of the problems.

I ran a Wlan report on a 1550 and saw the Network security was starting and stopping quite often but the connection never dropped.

June 20th, 2019 23:00

I see a red x i.e wireless network disabled. I have waited for the last 6-8 months thinking that the driver might be the culprit, bit now I am confident that it not the software but the network card that is faulty. Kindly let me know how to request for a new network card (preferably intel). My piece is still in warranty period. 

Also I have never been able to install any version of driver for killer card I always get the below. All the previous install have happened with my overall update of the system via dell assist or windows update. 

Capture.JPG

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

June 21st, 2019 04:00

@Shashank9003 wrote:

I see a red x i.e wireless network disabled. I have waited for the last 6-8 months thinking that the driver might be the culprit, bit now I am confident that it not the software but the network card that is faulty. Kindly let me know how to request for a new network card (preferably intel). My piece is still in warranty period. 

Also I have never been able to install any version of driver for killer card I always get the below. All the previous install have happened with my overall update of the system via dell assist or windows update. 

Capture.JPG

@Shashank9003 that sounds very much like the wireless card is failing. I'll drop you a private message to get your tag details etc

Alan

No Events found!