Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

10 Posts

January 14th, 2019 22:00

Won't Connect With Bose Headphones via Bluetooth

My Bose QC 35 headphones work fine with other devices but not my Dell XPS 9350 laptop. When I go to "Bluetooth and Other Device Settings" - I can see my Bose headphones but I'm not able to either connect to them or remove them. When I go to manage devices, I can click remove my headphones but they don't get removed. I've tried updating all my drivers, my Bose firmware, etc., but no luck.

Any help appreciated!

10 Posts

February 6th, 2019 12:00

I've tried those steps before and they don't work. I just tried again, and they still don't work.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

February 7th, 2019 01:00

@Stuart505 wrote:

I've tried those steps before and they don't work. I just tried again, and they still don't work.

At this point there is nothing further I can add. We have tried drivers and configuration of the bluetooth module and then Windows settings. My recommendation is that you contact Bose directly for support.

Alan

10 Posts

February 9th, 2019 14:00

I appreciate the effort even though I didn't work out. I've previously contacted Bose - they say since my Bose product works fine with other products, the problem is with Dell or Windows, not them. I think I'll just try getting a different PC brand next time.

1 Message

April 15th, 2019 22:00

I am experiencing the exact same issue Stuart is seeing with a Dell XPS 9350, while the same set of QC35's connect just fine to my desktop and iPhone.  So it clearly seems like an issue with the Dell hardware/driver.\

It "pairs" fine in Windows but never connects.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

April 16th, 2019 07:00

@hossy13 wrote:

I am experiencing the exact same issue Stuart is seeing with a Dell XPS 9350, while the same set of QC35's connect just fine to my desktop and iPhone.  So it clearly seems like an issue with the Dell hardware/driver.\

It "pairs" fine in Windows but never connects.

Hi @hossy13 , 

You are not alone with this problem, as quick google search will return. The issue is to do with Windows and how it pairs with the headphones through Bluetooth. This is not limited to Dell laptops only or the wireless/bluetooth card as the issue is seen across different models from multiple manufacturers.

My recommendation is to try a combination of the following two links and the steps I have outlined above.

Try this first -https://www.rogerperkin.co.uk/bose/how-to-connect-bose-wireless-headphones-to-computer/

Then try this if that fails - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-bose-quietcomfort-35-do-not-work/eab30787-f25c-40e5-bbc3-402d928fc372

Ultimately, this issue lies with Windows and Bose.

Alan

1 Message

April 18th, 2019 15:00

I have the same problem with my Bose Quiet Comfort 35, that was why I was in this forum. After reading all the suggestions, I tried doing the one suggested to Saltgrass and it worked! My last resort was to return the cancelling noise headphone to Bose in spite of wanting it for a very long time. I held the power all the way to the right enough to get it to reset. Voila! It finally saw my desktop and connected to it via Bluetooth. Thank you so much! It was really a big help for a student like me.

1 Message

January 25th, 2020 08:00

Old thread, but I had the same issue on my new XPS 15 today and here is how I fixed it. 

Resolution:

When pairing your headphones TWO devices show up in the bluetooth selection screen.  One is named Bose QuietComfort 35 and the other is just called Headphones (Audio).  Select the device called Headphones and they will successfully pair.

Hope this works for anybody stuck with this problem

1 Message

January 27th, 2020 08:00

I have had the same problem for at least 5 years. I was evetually told that Dell will not purchase the code to pair with Boze via  bluetooth so I have to use an Avantree Dongle.

Shane Driggs DDS MD

1 Message

January 30th, 2020 22:00

I have also experience the same problem. But it's rare. What I observe on this issue is there must be an issue on the Bluetooth version may be both the devices are having different types of Bluetooth connectivity configuration. then I tried connecting Steelseries Arctis 9x so smoothly got connected. Maybe this brand is not so expensive but it is good quality headphones.

February 21st, 2020 09:00

try:

btu.bose.com

follow the steps. Make sure the usb cable you use is a data cable

1 Message

August 29th, 2023 16:10

My Bose QC 35 headphones work fine with other devices but not my Dell XPS 9350 laptop. When I go to "Bluetooth and Other Device Settings" - I can see my Bose headphones but I'm not able to either connect to them or remove them. When I go to manage devices, I can click remove my headphones but they don't get removed. I've tried updating all my drivers, my Bose firmware, etc., but no luck.

Any help appreciated!

2 Posts

September 20th, 2023 01:49

@Dell-Alan D​ my Q-35 worked just fine on my r-11 sitting right next to the r-16 and i cleared the headphones list and it wont work this is on top of my sound bar not working,

No Events found!