Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

February 6th, 2019 19:00

XPS 12 9250 Display Flickers

Greetings,

My XPS 9250 flickers / apparently damaged when after installing 3rd party app. I did system restore but give no cure.

Then i tried full diagnostic (via https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04). When full diagnostic in progress, flickers gone. But after full diagnostic finished, flickers happen again.

I'm thinking about uninstalling latest 3rd party app, but is that proper way because flickers gone when performing full diagnostic (however, flickers come back after full diagnostic finished)

Do you have proven solution?. I'm looking forward from you guys.

Yours Sincerely,

Dhanur

9.4K Posts

February 7th, 2019 05:00

Hi Dhanur,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Since the full diagnostic does not indicate a hardware issue, the possibility exists that it is either a driver or a software issue.  Have you tried running the system in safe mode?  If the issue is not there, then it would be a good indicator of a software issue.

Your post doesn't mention the name of the 3rd party app you installed, but you could try uninstalling it to see if the issue persists.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty or it's a software issue, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

3 Posts

March 11th, 2019 00:00

After i did system restore, then restart twice, flickers gone. At that time, i felt relieved, until i found new version of firefox in Feb 2019.. I update firefox ( forget which version) in Feb 2019, flickers come back again. Then i reinstalled using older version of firefox. Some dell update notification showed up, then i dowloaded and installed those dell updates. Restart. Installed new version of firefox, no flickers. Thank you very much. *btw, 3rd party i mentioned in my first posting is an android simulator for windows.
No Events found!