Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

7 Posts

October 10th, 2018 17:00

XPS 12 9Q23 Screen Malfunction - Unable to contact support

Trying to see if a Dell representative can help me out here. My Dell XPS 12 9Q23 has been working just find since the day of purchase. I have been using the laptop as a desktop for the past 3 years. Meaning, it's always stationary. It's always plugged into the AC adapter, external mouse, keyboard, second monitor. My Dell XPS screen was used as a secondary screen. However, lately I noticed the the corners on my Dell are getting darker and darker. There isn't any troubleshooting that I have not tried. Swapped screen positions with Windows 10, the Dell XPS screen still has the burning in on the corner. Replaced/updated drivers, no change. If I rotate the screen (like upside-down or on its side), the malfunctioning corners still present the same condition. I did a clean install of Windows 10, still no change. It seems to be a physical problem on the laptop. I tried moving the screen swivel around to see if it was a loose cable or something, but it doesn't change. So I wanted to chat with Dell technical support, but I do not have that option because my laptop is out of warranty. I called Dell customer service, but the service was unbelieveable. Instead of helping me out, the rep kept telling me that I should buy warranty if I want support. I even asked about buying the parts, but receive no help. I read that Dell may work with me to replace the screen. Either way, I'm trying to find out how to fix my laptop as I still use it on a regular basis. Can anyone help please? My service tag is . I've posted a screenshot of how my affected screen. Please help. Thank you.

October 10th, 2018 17:00

Correction: I am unable to post an attachment to this post.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

October 11th, 2018 03:00

The only replacement will be the one you pay for;  they're not going to replace a screen gratis on a system this old.

For out of warranty repair, you pay for an estimate, which is credited to the cost of the repair if you go ahead with that.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/ba/en/badhs1/sln284409/how-to-arrange-an-out-of-warranty-repair-on-your-dell-system?lang=en

No Events found!