SteveJess
1 Copper

XPS 13 2in1 auto rotate

Hi 

Received my brand new XPS 12 2in1 today and the auto rotate function isn't working in tent mode. The button to switch it on in the settings is greyed out. Not the best experience of a brand new laptop...help please!

7 Replies

Re: XPS 13 2in1 auto rotate

SteveJess,

Click the link to try the information listed in the KB Article.

No auto rotation on XPS 13 9365 and Latitude 7389 2-in-1 systems

Click below to choose your system for the Reinstallation of the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver

Support.dell.com

0 Kudos
avaholic
1 Copper

I just received a brand new 9365 and immediately updated ALL of the Dell drivers and its BIOS. I also performed ALL available Windows 10 Updates. Unfortunately, it appears that the auto-rotate feature on this device is broken by Windows 10 build 1709 as Build 1703 works properly. I suspect that the Intel Integrated Sensor driver "Version: 3.10.100.3429" needs to be updated as it is fairly old with a "Release Date: 21 Aug 2017."

After updating to build 1709, the 'Rotation Lock' action button was gone. I've verified that all Windows 10  'AutoRotation' registry entries are correct. I've verified that the sensor service was enabled in Services. I also found a registry key to re-enable the Rotation Lock button however even with the rotation lock feature available again, the 'Orientation Setting' in Display is greyed out. If I toggle ON 'Rotation Lock' from display settings, I am able to manually rotate the screen successfully to portrait mode or landscape/portrait flipped using the settings dropdown. However, the screen will NOT auto-rotate just by turning the device to portrait or tent mode.

Dell phone support was not helpful as they go through their normal script to run diagnostics, check for the latest drivers, etc. He said I needed to restore the system to factory settings, ie. back to 1703. UGH.

It's extremely frustrating that a brand new computer cannot be updated to the latest Windows build or it loses one of its main functions of its 2-in-1 capability!    😞

Dell - Please correct this driver issue ASAP!

Seems there is a common trend going on here. Got a nice shiny machine - applied the usual updates that Windows 10 makes you do on startup - lets try tent mode and voila - no rotation. Tried the "solution" if you'd like to call it that. Poor form. Made the switch from a dead Surface Pro but if this issue isn't fixed quickly I've now bought a 2 in 1 that doesn't actually work like a 2 in 1. Does anyone actually test the basic functionality of machines, especially as this is constantly marketed in tent mode - a mode that doesn't even work!

0 Kudos

Is there any update to this solution yet as it doesn't work on the Win 10 1709 build?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Comfy
1 Copper

Having the same problem with my 9575 xps 15" 2 in 1 - bought second hand. Reinstalled a fresh os (as i always do) and so far build 1903 have not manage to get it working yet....no rotation lock, no anything. Tried muplitple installs using dell only drivers and intel only drivers with the same result...ie no result. Have just change the warranty to myself so, waiting for that to update so i can get at the recovery os.
0 Kudos
Mocachino
1 Copper

I've had this issue since installing Windows 10.

Just solved it by installing the Intel Integrated Sensor Hub Driver. FINALLY!

Before doing this though I did uninstall the HID touch screen device in Device Manager and restart (Windows auto reinstalled it). Might have helped who knows.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

One of the latest Win 10 updates had disabled it on my system so I had to turn it back on.  I don't remember and update doing that before.