Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2019 18:00

XPS 13 7390 2-in-1, Killer WiFi adapter issues

My XPS laptop has the Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (201D2W) that's supposed to offer the "most reliable connections" (as quoted from their website) but it seems to always act up and disconnect without being able to connect to wifi again. It's able to detect the networks that it could connect to, but when I try to connect it either connects without access to the internet or just straight up tells me that it can't connect altogether.

I've had to run the windows troubleshooter multiple times to diagnose and fix the issue and each time it says there's a problem with the wireless adapter and resets it. This works for a while until I notice less than 10 minutes later that its glitching again. From what I know, I've already installed the latest drivers, etc. but the problem still persists.

January 7th, 2020 10:00

My Wifi was connected but I was unable to browse correctly. It looked like the WiFi was disconnecting time to time. I found a fix for this issue. You must turn off "Advanced Stream Detect" in the Killer Control Center or Killer Network Manager.

* Click Windows icon
* Type killer
* Click Killer Control Center
* Click Settings
* Under System Settings, toggle Advanced Stream Detect to Off
* Click Apply Changes
-or-
* Click Windows icon
* Type killer
* Click Killer Network Manager
* Click Settings
* Remove the check from, Enable Advanced Stream Detect
* Click Apply Changes

1 Message

November 13th, 2019 15:00

I have the same issue. Looking for a fix.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 14th, 2019 14:00

There seems to be a new thread where the Killer Wireless rep in involved..  Maybe you can get some help there.

2 Posts

December 17th, 2019 09:00

Also having wifi dropping issues.
Thoubleshooter says "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration".
As a workaround I set Preferred Band to 5Mhz. It lowers the speed but increases stability.
Dell technical support wasn't able to help with it, so planning to return my unit and stick with macbook.

January 7th, 2020 10:00

Please note the WIFI was shown as properly connected this solved my issue was not able to browse and had to reload multiple times the pages.

1 Message

January 12th, 2020 08:00

I have the same problem with the XPS 13 9360.  Owned 4 Dells in the past.  As an intermediate solution I am using a USB network adapter. GADS!!!  Will replace card with Intel when I return from sabatical.

Will never buy another Dell again!

1 Message

January 30th, 2020 20:00

Was having the same issue as others and like the recommendation given, turning off the "Advanced Stream Detect" setting in the Killer Control Center solved the issue for me. Thank You!!

No Events found!