XPS

Last reply by 03-04-2020 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 13 7390 2 in 1, My horrible experience with Dell

In September I bought a XPS 13 7390 2 in 1. I had audio crackling issues from the start. Thinking that it was a software issue I tried to fix it but reinstalling windows and reinstalling drivers but to no avail. I finally contacted Dell Support and they told me it was a motherboard problem and they will fix it. The first time they came by it was the wrong motherboard. I had to wait another week because the parts are not in stock. Finally, the correct board came and audio issues are fixed. I reinstalled windows and all the drivers. I did a BIOS update which went successfully until it had to reboot. The laptop just died and does not want to turn on anymore. I am fed up with Dell and want a return but support is not willing to do that because the 30 days are past. I chose not to return the laptop within the 30 days because I believed Dell could fix my problems. But now it's worse. I can't get a replacement laptop and my only option is to wait another week for a board to arrive and have a technician pry open the laptop for the third time. I'm done with Dell. Brand new laptop, couldn't even properly use it one day. 

Reply (1)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I feel lucky. My new XPS worked fine for 2 months and then the display quit rotating when I tried to use tablet mode. After many rounds with Dell support they said I needed to spend a bunch more money to pay them to fix this issue - after less than three months. At least it still does most of what I bought it for. But a regular laptop with no tablet mode would have been a lot cheaper if that was what I wanted. No more Dell for me.

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions