Highlighted
2 Bronze

XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 bluetooth keyboard and mouse lagging after 4/2020 bios update

Jump to solution

Hi

2 Days ago, I updated my XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 with the latest bios (BIOS 1.3.1). Since then my Logitech keyboard K850 and Mouse M720 Triathlon has been experiencing lagging issues. Some times it takes like a second for the keyboard and mouse (especially the mouse) to activate when they are connected to the laptop with bluetooth. But when I connect them with wireless dongle (this keyboard and mouse support both types of connection), there is no lagging issue. This problem appears only after I have updated the bios. In fact, I just tried connecting another bluetooth mouse (Logitech M557) to the laptop, and it is also seeing the same problem. It seems like the latest BIOS is doing something strange to the bluetooth part of the machine. 

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 bluetooth keyboard and mouse lagging after 4/2020 bios up

Jump to solution

Hey there! Please try the following: 
Launch the Device Manager and uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power in the power management setting of Intel Wireless Bluetooth

Hopefully that will stop that lagging issue you're facing. 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 bluetooth keyboard and mouse lagging after 4/2020 bios up

Jump to solution

Update:

I forgot to say:

In addition to the BIOS update, I have also updated the Killer Wireless AX1650 UWD Bluetooth Driver to A05 at the same time. This is probably even more pivotal than the BIOS update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Update:

Per the request of DELL Care, I tried rolling the BIOS back to 1.1.3, and the lag was much much shorter. With 1.3.1 (the current BIOS), the lag lasts for at least 2 seconds. But with 1.1.3, there is still a lag, but it lasts for only a very short time, like between 1/10 and 1/5 of a second. So it is definitely the BIOS. I have even tried turning off both the C-State and the background panel refresh things, no differences.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey there! Please try the following: 
Launch the Device Manager and uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power in the power management setting of Intel Wireless Bluetooth

Hopefully that will stop that lagging issue you're facing. 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

That option does not exist on the slow ring version of Windows 10 insiders.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It works! The lag is gone. Thanks.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Glad to hear this. Do reach back to us if you have any query. ^AM

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Please DELL look into this. On Windows Insider Slow Ring, the option is now gone on device manager.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

mux8,

Thank you we will look into this.

Dell-Jesse L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

mux8,

Please contact Dell Software team at 1 (800) 624-9896.

Dell-Jesse L

0 Kudos