Highlighted
1 Copper

XPS 13 7390 Microphone Not Working

I'm having the same issue with my 7390 (XPS 13). I've re-installed everything.. etc etc. All other VOIP programs work well (Slack, etc.) but when using Zoom my mic fades in and out. Please help Dell!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 13 7390 Microphone Not Working

Same problem, same machine I just bought.  Dell has told me it's a software issue and they can't help unless I pay for their software support.  Zoom has told me their engineers are working on this as a known issue.  I expect there to be some driver update that comes along and fixes it eventually.  Until then I think we're stuck, either using phone audio, the zoom web client (mine works with that!) or finding another workaround, eg using another device to zoom.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I just bought this laptop in August and whenever I try to zoom or have a video call on this laptop- the microphone doesn't work well. It fades away as soon as I finish my sentence. I am a university student and will be needing this laptop for the coming three years.

Kindly help

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello. Could you private message us the service tag or the express service code so that we can assist you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Changed my laptop over twice in the last 4 weeks for new replacement. Same issue. Looks like i have bought a real lemon

0 Kudos