Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

March 5th, 2020 13:00

XPS 13 7390, slow WiFi, Killer 6 AX1650 160MHz 200D2W

I've seen all the other posts re earlier problems. I just purchased, Feb 2020, an XPS 13 7390 with the 'subject' WiFi card. It's vastly slower than a 10 year old laptop with a basic card. Killer runs at 20MB upload and 18 download, my old laptop runs at 80MB upload! I sure don't want to have to swap out a network card. I'll contact Killer but I'm not very optimistic the issue will be solved. Sure makes one wonder WHY Dell is still using it.

June 19th, 2020 17:00

I'm having the exact same issues, and have spent weeks trying to solve it. I've clean-reinstalled the driver, I've adjusted settings, I've uninstalled the Killer software that supposedly throttles the speeds. Nothing helps.

My computer is about a month old, and it can only get top download speeds of 20kbps on Wifi. (The Lenovo laptop that sits right next to it get's 300kbps on the same wifi network.)

It looks like many people have had this issue for years, but none of this was addressed in the reviews I read before purchasing.

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 07:00

Yeah, so I am seeing the same problem, but only over 5GHz. Have you tried using the 2.4GHz band to see if it makes a difference?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 23rd, 2020 11:00

Yeah, so I am seeing the same problem, but only over 5GHz. Have you tried using the 2.4GHz band to see if it makes a difference?

====================

Yeah, I have a new (Alexa) Echo-Show that struggles and buffers on my NightHawk router's 5ghz , but works fine on the 2.4ghz.

Even though the Echo shows the 5ghz as rated much faster . Also, other devices (and even other Echos) use the 5ghz-AP just fine.

So, for now ... I just let it connect to the 2.4ghz one. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 23rd, 2020 11:00

XPS 13 7390 (purchased, Feb 2020)

1. Killer runs at 20MB upload and 18 download, my old laptop runs at 80MB upload! I sure don't want to have to swap out a network card. 

2. Sure makes one wonder WHY Dell is still using it.

=========================

1. If the current enhanced-driver-suite for Killer Networking drivers (either from them or from Dell) for your device do not work ... you can try removing all that and use the leaner Windows driver. Might be a little tricky if you have no actual wired-ethernet port on that machine.

2. Well, some of us have been wondering about that for 10 years. Sometimes dependable and working is better than "tricked out and un-stable") .

You know why they call it "Killer Networking" don't you ? ... because it "Kills Your Networking".   

No Events found!