Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 13 9300, BIOS 1.0.10, USB Type-C to DP adapters no longer work

Update: (since I can no longer edit the post)

Updated to 1.0.11, problem still present.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

@describee just updated to 1.0.11....still doesn't work for me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

After updating to new BIOS 1.0.11, the problem still persists for me as well

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Thanks. A few days back a Dell employee said they would escalate the issue. Not sure if they have indeed escalated. Given 1.0.11 has been released I'm not sure if they are even attempting to fix this.

Can you guys try opening a support ticket as well (eg through email if possible) so this can get their attention? I think if more people report it it will get their attention.

For what it's worth, so far only one of my adapters work fine: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F17ZHJY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

@describee it's interesting that that one adapter works, I wonder what's different about it. My new hub was supposed to come today, but Amazon is late at delivering it... Will report back soon...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi all - I just wanted to report that I received my USC hub (which includes HDMI) and it works perfectly. Individual adapters still do not work.

Product, FYI: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M6R3CPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Thanks. Your hub adapter only seems to support 4k@30hz though. It seems most of the 4k@60hz (hdmi 2.0) adapters have issues. 

I've been checking in with Dell but basically they are only willing to escalate the issue only if more people report the issue. Therefore if you have the same troubles please open a new thread to bring this to Dell's attention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I have random disconnects on a Caldigit DP adapter after upgrading to 10.0.11 from 10.0.7. After upgrade I also have a lot of problems connecting to USB devices, like keyboard and mouse. I have to disconnect and reconnect a couple of times to get it to work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

@sawsc thanks for highlighting this. Suggest you start a new thread to bring this to Dell's attention (the bot will automatically contact you after you post and you can escalate from there)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

@describee I also have a ticket with Support. Since they need to fix my webcam anyway, I sent in the laptop over the weekend. I wrote in the comments it worked on 1.0.7 but does not work on subsequent BIOS versions. 

0 Kudos