Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 13 9300, BIOS 1.0.10, USB Type-C to DP adapters no longer work

Jump to solution

Just bumping this thread in hopes of a resolution from Dell. My 9300 is useless for it's primary purpose (work laptop) and I'm working off a 4 year old Lenovo until it can be fixed...

Overall the 9300 has been a mess, dynamic brightness that turns on every boot despite being disabled, battery life issues, audio effects (waves nx) getting turned on after disabling, and now it does not even work with my dock or my usb-c HDMI adapter. A portable with unreliable battery that also can't dock fails it's two primary use cases...

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Completely frustrated by this entire experience.

I thought the 9300 was Dell's flagship.  What happened?  Does no one at Dell use a 9300 with an external display?

The lack of communication has been awful.  I'm here refreshing this thread half a dozen times a day just hoping there's been an update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
7 Gold

Jump to solution

@BlipBloop  and others, just got an update from my internal contact. BIOS 1.2.0 is planned to include fixes for 3rd party display adapters and is currently expected to be released on September 4. That’s all the information I have, so please don’t ask which adapters will get fixed or why the update isn’t expected to arrive sooner. I’m passing along what I receive.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Well, I rolled the dice and bought another XPS 13 9300 after returning my original one. First thing I did was install all the latest drivers and BIOS updates, but I'm still only getting 4k @ 30Hz while hooked up to my CalDigit TS3+ Thunderbolt 3 dock. Looks like I'll be returning this machine for a refund, too.

You would think that Dell would test their product with the most popular Thunderbolt 3 dock on Amazon...

Link to CalDigit TS3+ here: https://amzn.to/39Ltz1L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have "accidentally" upgraded to 1.0.11 and have external video.  2mo. old 9300 to Caldigit TS3 on TB3 to DP into a AOC CQ27G2 at a confirmed 1440p & 143-144Hz refresh.  Others state the Caldigit is not a working option, but mine is.  I would be happy to assist in a settings compare or some other avenue you would like to examine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Anything under 4k resolution hasn't been an issue for me. I bet if you tried outputting 4k @ 60Hz you would have some problems (or simply not even have the option).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@faraday7   OH!  I thought all adapters/all resolutions.  I am sorry for the confusion.  I do not have a 4k device, so guess I'm good to go.  Thanks for that clarification.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Jump to solution
I can test the functioning with my XPS 13 9300 via DP and HDMI adapters and then give feedback. We have some testing Displays in the company. Beste Shade
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank god.  You are 1000% more helpful that any interactions I've had with Dell's support team on this.

Thank you @jphughan for succeeding where Dell has failed completely.  Without your updates we would be left high and dry.

September 4th has been marked on my calendar.  Understanding full well that the date may change.  It's acknowledgement and a timeframe - that's all we needed!

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am adding to this thread as well. I am having the same issue as everyone else! Very frustrating since this is supposed to be Dell's new and improved laptop. I've had more issues than I ever have had with a laptop.

I sure hope the Sept 4th date is solid. Please make it happen Dell.

0 Kudos