Highlighted
6 Indium

Re: XPS 13 9300, BIOS 1.0.10, USB Type-C to DP adapters no longer work

Heard from an internal Dell contact that the report I submitted about this has been assigned to someone within the Advanced Resolution Support Triage team as a Priority 2 item.  I don't have any more information than that at this point, so please don't ask me what exactly "Priority 2" means.  I'm relaying what I'm getting as I'm getting it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. Try my connection problems from my XPS to monitor. So a simple USB C to USB C from monitor to laptop will do the job. No adapter required. Can you kindly suggest a cable I can purchase to connect my XPS 13 9300 to my Dell U2720Q monitor? I really appreciate your help. Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I am experiencing the same issue. Updated to BIOS 1.0.11 and my USB-C to DisplayPort adapter no longer works. It does not matter which of the two usb-c ports are used or whether the device is being charged. I am getting error notifications regardless of whether a DP cable is actually connected to the adapter.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi @Sejsel ,

I recommend urging you to contact support and presenting your concerns to Dell.

So that the topic becomes present at Dell, the thing must escalate.

To get a fix.

You can also refer to the thread here.

That the Dell Supporter Agent doesn't waste any more time

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Like @_Shade_ said so well, we need to contact the support and make our voice.

I'm with the support for almost one week. They keep asking me the same questions again and again, what kind of adapter I use and so on...
The adapter works well with other brands and laptops, even with other DELL computers (latitude).

And was ok with BIOS 1.06
So it's clearly a BIOS issue.

Hope we will have an update really soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

@HugoMRod 

I reported it to Support as soon as 1.0.10 was released. Did everything they asked, remote session, reinstall Windows and even SENT in my XPS13 to the repair facility...at first they tried to tell me it was my monitor BUT I have a BRAND NEW Dell P2421DC...

in the end, they just sent me a replacement with 1.0.6...

I feel defeated...

Highlighted
2 Bronze

@LiquidIce012 I know what you feel man.

And I guess we are a lot on the same boat.
I try to help them, give them my time, logs, answers, tests....but at the end, nothing goes forward.

I think I never went to such trubles with one computer...

Highlighted
2 Bronze

I think we will all get a solution in the next BIOS update. The error and the behavior was passed on with PRIO 2 is already a step further.
I also think that the good reviews of the system are currently suffering from the fact that there are a lot of users with the bios problems.

I also noticed that there is currently a 32GB RAM version. but why should I buy it if nothing works.

Beste _Shade_

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Yep, I have the 32GB RAM model and it has been sitting in my office unused for 3 weeks because of the BIOS issues. Only another week or so until my return window expires 😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Any luck with the usb c display issue?

I have a usb c hub with hdmi port connected to dell monitor. The setup works perfectly with Lennovo X1 carbon  and macbook pro 13, so definitely not an issue with hub or monitor.

0 Kudos