Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

March 24th, 2020 12:00

XPS 13 (9300) REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER PROBLEM

The realtek audio driver seems to have an issue. Whenever I plug in a headset, this app called 'Max Audio Pro' pops up asking me what kind of headset I am plugging in. The audio works, however if I unplug the headset, there is no audio from the internal speakers. It should automatically change audio to internal speakers but it doesn't do that. I have to restart in order to get the sound back from internal speakers. The 'Max Audio Pro' app also has option to change audio to internal speakers but it doesn't work. I read somewhere online that says this app is like the bridge that connects your headset to the audio. Why do we have to go through an app to use our headset...? I've tried everything from uninstalling / reinstalling drivers and updating drivers. Anyone have any idea at all I would greatly appreciate it. I also got BSOD at one point when trying to switch to internal speakers in the 'Max Audio Pro' app. Obviously this is software issue, hope Dell fixes. 

4 Posts

April 18th, 2020 08:00

Similar problem here, not neccesary when unplug any headset, just randomly

A restart solves the issue, but this issue must be solved by dell. Thanks

5 Posts

April 20th, 2020 06:00

I have the exact same issue. Any fix yet? Have you tried uninstalling MaxxAudio?

I also have x2 other audio related issues - 1) there is a vibrating noise when the speaker volume is above 60%. 2) when listening to audio on Bluetooth headphones the sound stutters/ is jittery. 

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2020 15:00

When I wake from sleep the audio driver gets knocked out (Device Manager).  A restart is needed to restore sound.

MSC

4 Posts

April 27th, 2020 02:00

I have the same problem. Sounds just stops working, after a reboot it works again. Uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled the drivers. Makes no difference

1 Message

April 28th, 2020 10:00

I am having this issue too. Audio just randomly stops working. Restart always fix the problem. I tried reinstall drivers and even reinstalled OS once. It still happens everyday.

32 Posts

April 28th, 2020 11:00

I read on another forum that new audio drivers are expected soon to fix this problem. Let me know if you need more info.

I also have a question I hope you guys can help me with concerning the new speakers since I don't own yet the XPS 13 2020 model, please check out the forum link below and post a reply to help me out. Thanks.

Go here: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-2020-Is-audio-of-new-bottom-firing-speakers-more-dull/m-p/7551787#M60319

1 Message

May 9th, 2020 18:00

I also have this same exact issue. Spent an entire day with dell support and ended up having to factory reset and reinstall all drivers for the issue to still occur. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon. 

2 Posts

May 11th, 2020 15:00

I have a similar issue with my xps 13 9300 (2020) I have used it for 3 days now and sound is driving me nuts. Let alone that first reboot caused BSOD. I reinstalled dell drivers and updated bios , etc etc.. No BSOD any more but sound keeps shutting itself down. But everything looks like it is normal, not muted or silenced and you can move scale left and right but no love. As for everyone else, after restart it comes back to life. So it works and then stops working. Their support suggested everything I did already ( I work in IT industry for 20 years now) and i know my way around windows, PCs, servers etc. 

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 11th, 2020 15:00

Newer models use TRRS headset like IPAD or IPhone.

So older headset needs adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Kingtop-Adapter-Tablet-Headsets-Version/dp/B01I3A47I4

3 Posts

May 16th, 2020 22:00

Easy Fix:

Dell Waves MaxxAudio should be enabled at startup. Go to task manager, hit the start-up tab, enable MaxxAudio, problem solved. Cheers

22 Posts

May 19th, 2020 11:00

Enable realtek and maxxaudio pro at startup.
Reinstall maxxaudio pro app. When you plug headphones, you should be asked to select if earphone, headphone etc. Select accordingly and then tick never ask again or remember my choice whichever it is. 
You should also try previous versions of Realtek drivers if they do not work. 
When installing drivers, do that with wifi disabled.

4 Posts

May 19th, 2020 11:00

No

1 Message

May 24th, 2020 08:00

Same here. I find that it happens more often when i'm switching between applications. E.g. watching online lectures, alt tab switch to chrome for research, goes back to online lecture -> audio stops working. Mind I ask if you're still facing this issue on a daily basis?

1 Message

May 25th, 2020 13:00

I have the same problem. Dell support have prompted downloads and installations of chipset, drivers and most recently BIOS - nothing has fixed the apparently random loss of all sound output.
Dell support has advised that an audio driver update is expected mid June but that there is no guarantee that this will fix the problem.
Not satisfactory performance from a new and not cheap laptop.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2020 13:00

I also have this problem.  Does the solutions above work for anyone?

No Events found!