Highlighted
2 Bronze

XPS 13 9333 D3100 dock intermittent LAN issues

I recently purchased a D3100 dock to allow my XPS 9333 running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to work with a 2K display.  Installed and everything works, screen, USB devices, Audio and Gigabit LAN.  Occasionally the wired LAN stops working and the LapTop reverts to wireless, the screen and all other peripherals continue to work fine.  Sometimes the wired LAN comes back within a minute or two all on its own, however most times I need to unplug the USB connection to the PC and reconnect, then everything returns to normal for a few hours...

When the wired LAN is not working I checked Device Manager and there are no "bad devices" so I am at a bit of a loss, I have checked all the latest drivers are installed via Dell Support Assist.

Any suggestions please?  Peter

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 13 9333 D3100 dock intermittent LAN issues

Did the installed to Windows 10 Pro 1803 this week, cleared the old drivers/software using the DisplayLink cleaner and then reinstalled the D3100 drivers from Dell.  Still got the problem 😞 any ideas out there?  Or should I just raise a support ticket?  Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

I have the same problems with my 9550 and D3100. I raised a support ticket and support told me that they are working on a fix but no idea how long it will take because they need to cooperate with the guys from Display Link...

Regards,

daniel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks for the reply Daniel, at least I know I am not on my own!  Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

This might help some people, I contacted DisplayLink directly and they advise installing their latest 8.5 M0 driver here:  http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1138.  They said "Some Ethernet issues were addressed in this release.", Installed but not had enough time to test if it is a real improvement yet.  Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Unfortunately the latest 8.5 M0 drivers did not fix the problem. DisplayLink asked me to test using another USB/Ethernet card I had in the draw and that has been fine with no wired drop outs...  Definitely looks to be a D3100/DisplayLink issue.  Peter

0 Kudos