Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 7th, 2019 11:00

XPS 13 9343 device does not have bluetooth

Hi,

I've been using this laptop for 4yrs+, the bluetooth had been perfect before, but it was since recently that the bluetooth has gone missing from the notification panel. After i ran the bluetooth troubleshooter, it returned as follows:

Device does not have Bluetooth

Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter to add Bluetooth capability to this computer.

Could someone help on this issue?

Lots of thanks

1 Message

November 18th, 2019 10:00

I was having this problem. This is what fixed it for me:

1) Restart computer

2) When the DELL appears as the computer starts up, press F2

3) Select Wireless, then Wireless Switch.

4) Make sure the "bluetooth" box is checked. If it's already checked, click it twice so it's unchecked and then re-checked. 

5) Press apply, then exit and restart.

I also did two other things, neither of which fixed the problems by themselves, but which could have contributed to the previously mentioned fix working.

Update drivers:

1) Open device manager.

2) If there's no bluetooth section, click View, then "show hidden devices" so bluetooth appears.

3) For your bluetooth device, right click and select update driver.

Enable bluetooth support:

1) Hold windows + R, then enter "services.msc" into the text box.

2) Right click on Bluetooth support service. Select "properties".

3) Change startup type to "automatic", then apply. 

4 Posts

November 18th, 2019 15:00

Thanks!

1 Message

December 24th, 2020 13:00

THANK YOU! I've been trying to solve this bluetooth issue on my Dell Precision 7510 for the past two days. All I had to do was go into the BIOS settings, click Wireless and then uncheck and then check the checkbox for bluetooth. When I went into these settings at first, the checkbox was checked which didn't really make sense for me. The only thing I can think of is unchecking and checking the box re-initialized something to get Windows 10 to recognize the device? I don't know if this makes sense, but it's working nonetheless. Thanks again!

2 Posts

December 31st, 2020 03:00

@Liz7149 THANK YOU!

I have an XPS 13 9380 and have been battling this issue for hours. I had tried everything I could think of - repeatedly. In the end, unchecking and rechecking 'bluetooth' in BIOS/Wireless was the solution. Thanks!

1 Message

September 14th, 2021 05:00

Thanks - worked for me with Precision 3551 on W11.

1 Message

September 17th, 2023 12:54

@Liz7149​ I don’t have wireless on f2 menu

November 10th, 2023 16:43

@Evansk​ Look for Connections, then Wireless.

November 10th, 2023 16:45

@Liz7149​ Thank you so much for this.! I have two Dell laptops with this problem, and I've spent hours trying to fix them. This did the trick for both computers!  I joined this forum just to say thank you.

1 Message

March 19th, 2024 22:36

@Liz7149​ Puzzling over the same problem on my XPS 13 9350 for a couple of days & just about given up when I found this. Worked perfectly.

Many thanks for posting (albeit a while ago!)

No Events found!