Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2018 15:00

XPS 13 9343, touch screen not working

2 days ago the touch screen on my XPS 13 stopped working out of the blue. I checked device manager and there were no issues there. There haven't been any updates recently and aside from the touch screen portion not working, the monitors display is pristine. I've been unable to find any assistance via googling.

I was curious if anyone had a fix, or if there was some kind of obscure disable/enable shortcut for the touch screen.

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 8th, 2018 15:00

Run through this. Does Tablet PC Settings show anything?

I'd suggest using the System Restore tool on the system. The tool will go back to an earlier time before the problem occurred.

How To Use System Restore (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)

Or....

Reset windows updates by following the commands in the link below. Keep in mind, the touch screen is nothing more than a USB device. Also, the touch screen driver is in the windows updates.

USB devices may stop working after installing the February 13, 2018 update (KB4074588)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091240/usb-devices-may-stop-working-after-installing-the-f

9.4K Posts

March 6th, 2018 03:00

Hi jwcivicdx,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful.

Troubleshooting Touchscreen Issues in Microsoft Windows

March 6th, 2018 07:00

There is no key to enable/disable Touch screen.
Usually Touch Screen drivers are installed Automatically by Windows.
Go to Device manager and uninstall all pointing and imaging device, restart and check.
Also run Dell Support Assist to check for Hardware failure

3 Posts

March 8th, 2018 14:00

The weird thing is that there is no touch screen device in Device Manager at all. I looked through EVERYTHING, and it's not there. Dell Support Assist does not show any hardware failure either. 

3 Posts

March 8th, 2018 14:00

Robert - 

None of those options worked out for me. And when trying to do a custom diagnostic test on the touchscreen I get a message that says "there was an issue running diagnostics" and then it tries to verify SupportAssist but never does. Even if I have SupportAssist open. SA is also updated to the most current version.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 8th, 2018 15:00

Deleted

No Events found!