tomadru
1 Copper

Re: XPS 13 9350 Black Screen

Mad that more than one year later and my dell just updated. Realised to late it was updating he graphics card and filled with panic and I tried to email my dissertation to myself before the inevitable black screen of death plagued my life again.

Lucky'y I've become an expert in disabling the graphics card and got the laptop up and running again. Then I wondered, surly Dell have found a fix  by now. Wtf you guys been doing the last year and half.

Any way I can get this very expensive laptop working how it should be without these suggestions I've seen of dismantling it?

0 Kudos

After a lot of cursing, anger and lost work my laptop magically fixed it self while I where trying to force install an old driver. 

So what i did where was running DisplayDriverUnninstaller (DDU)
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And i took the Remove drivers no restart, and while in the process of extracting the drivers from an old installfile my screen started blinking and windows took upon it self to install the driver 26.20.100.7262, so i now have a graphics driver and a functioning screen!

https://imgur.com/a/9szYjZi

0 Kudos
StevenKipping
2 Bronze

Excellent news Jonas – best to you and thank you.

I believe this is what we all may be looking for.  Dell lists the newer video driver from Intel that may fix this problem (Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver_654R9_WIN_26.20.100.7263_A14).  I have it installed on one of our XPX 13 9350 machines and it appears to be working.  It says it’s for an Intel HD Graphics 520.  We have one 520 and one 540; it appears to be working on the 540.  I did not install it yet on the 520 but I assume it will work fine.

Here’s the link:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=654r9&oscode=wt64a&produc...

No guarantee but it’s surely worth a try.  Good luck and keep us posted….

0 Kudos
StevenKipping
2 Bronze

OOPS – typo.  Should read XPS 13 9350 (I wish you could edit these posts).  Again, good luck to all and please keep us posted as to results. . . .

0 Kudos
StevenKipping
2 Bronze

WOW - unless I'm mistaken, posts have been removed from this thread!

0 Kudos
StevenKipping
2 Bronze

Surprise - there back.  Something weird is happening. . . .

0 Kudos
BlackScreenXPS
1 Copper

Hi Steven,

My post is deleted. I don't know why.  

0 Kudos
ilBellz
1 Copper

Hi to all,
Cyclically, usually during some evil windows update, a problem with the display of my xps13 9350 i7 (glossy HD touschreen) occurs

Summing up:
- During the boot the "dell" logo flickers, after the boot: black screen.
- In safe mode screen working intermittently.
- Disabling video card drivers and using generic windows drivers: same behavior as safe mode (obviously).
- Reinstalling the drivers leads to the same problems
- Clean installation of windows does not solve
- Dell pre-boot recovery and diagnostic tools do not report errors and do not resolve
- disconnect the battery do not solve

All this would make think of a panel HW problem (especially the flickering of the dell logo during boot).

After countless unsuccessful attempts I have found a solution (or a workaround) that seems to work.

The only solution I found was to manually install the drivers for the Intel HD Graphics 5500 video card (I use the xxx version).
You can then install the correct drivers.

I hope my experience can help.

I don't know if the Intel HD Graphics 5500 v. are still online, if needed I can share it.

0 Kudos
palaciosora
1 Copper

anyone else having trouble installing Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver_654R9_WIN_26.20.100.7263_A14.EXE

mine says that is not compatible with win10

thanks for anyinfo

best

Julian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MarkDubbs
1 Copper

I can't get the A14 installed either.

Still getting the black screen. I've thrown everything at this, including the battery unplug, as well as trying every graphics driver Dell has ever released for the XPS 13 9350. Works fine with an external monitor but still can't get the built in to work.

0 Kudos