Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2018 20:00

XPS 13 9350 USB-C to HDMI issue

Dear friends, this laptop drives me crazy. Battery quest not completed - swelled battery after 26 months! Alternative batteries did not work properly. So I have something new here. After several updates I have problems with external monitor. I switch on the laptop and DELL monitor connected via original DELL USB - C to HDMI reduction shows logo DELL and starting loop (the circle), after a couple of seconds the monitor shows NO HDMI signal, the laptop disconnects itself. I must manually reconnect the HDMI cable to the DELL USB - C to HDMI reduction. I worked flawless years and years (two), now it drives me crazy. Any suggestion? Thanks, Alois.

590 Posts

January 14th, 2019 06:00

You're not the only one.  See this current discussion.  General recommendation is to use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable if your monitor supports DisplayPort.  On HP laptops with a similar problem certain specific USB-C to HDMI cables/adapters seem to work (see link).

13 Posts

December 5th, 2018 22:00

Sorry, not me, but IT (the laptop) worked flawless....I have reinstalled the OS and the same situation occured. I have to replug the HDMI cable after each start of the system. Very annoying. 

13 Posts

January 13th, 2019 21:00

nobody has experienced the same problem? really? 

8 Posts

July 29th, 2019 14:00

Hi, no you are not alone. 

I own a Dell XPS 9350 before the last windows update (Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.239]) aka Windows 10, version 1903

Not sure what happened, I own 2 different adapters that worked flawlessly before that update and now don't work at all.

I get USB driver problems such as Port Reset Failed (Code 43) when I look into the USB devices in the device manager.

I am going to install windows to go to check if i won't see it in the previous versions and rule out its a hardware problem.

No Events found!