Highlighted
MDCYP
Bronze

XPS 13 9350 black screen - tried everything

Hi,

have a 2016 XPS 13 9350 with 512SSD and 16GB RAM Windows 10 Pro latest Version.

Bios 1.6.1 and i have the issue,  that i can´t get the integrated Display to work. Bios works fine.. if i start up in safe mode and disable the Iris 540 it reboots fine - but i already tried to cleanup all graphic drivers via DDU in safe mode and tried: old DELL from 2016, 2017 and latest from Intel - nothing.

External Display do work. I already opened it and disconnect battery and pressed power button. I am out ouf ideas. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
johafarr
Bronze

Re: XPS 13 9350 black screen - tried everything

Same here brother. Issue started 08/02/2018.

Same model, same specs.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MDCYP
Bronze

Really Bad Bad support from Dell...

Did you try to run Linux from a USB Stick? I setuped Ubuntu 18.04 and run it from USB stick and booted - all fine! No issues.. Desktop is working there.

So it is a Software issue... definitly 

0 Kudos
johafarr
Bronze

Dear MDCYP,

I am running on Ubuntu 18.04. Fully installed it!

I am shifting to this for now.  It works great with dual screen.

Thank you so much. It did not use to work on ubuntu v16 and v17.

Cheers!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tomadru
Bronze

0 Kudos
johafarr
Bronze

By now I have that link as homepage. I check it morning, afternoon and evening. It has replaced facebook for me! 

0 Kudos
MDCYP
Bronze

Today i opened my XPS 13 and installed a brandew Samsung M.2 NVME - to teste a plain new installation of Windows 10.

So i installed Win10 64bit Pro and it started to Desktop via Microsoft Basic Display Adapter - no issue.

Then automatic update started to install missing driver - including GRAPHICS... and suprise suprise... as soon as it started the Graphics driver > SCREEN WENT BLACK and stayed black

Soo.... Dell Support.. there must be an issue with the BIOS ?!

0 Kudos
MDCYP
Bronze

Today i tried a downgrade to 1.5.1 - but it does not work. Even if i enable the allow downgrade option...

@DellSupportPro any idea? 

0 Kudos
MDCYP
Bronze

Called DELL .. they will get my xps on Monday... i am intrested how they gonna fix it.. 

0 Kudos