Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

20 Posts

September 6th, 2018 12:00

XPS 13 9360 Battery Problem

My XPS 13 is no longer charging the battery and the light on the front flashes once orange and then once white. I think this suggests the battery has failed?

The laptop is just over one month out of warranty so I am not best pleased given replacements cost is £140 or so.

Any thoughts on how to resolve appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for confirmation.  Is this normal given it is only 13 months old? Do reckon I can get Dell to pay for this or will it be a waste of my time trying?  If I do have to buy my own would you know of any decent suppliers - I can't seem to see this listed in Dell's spares website section.

Thanks in advance.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

The battery has indeed failed -- and must be replaced to solve the problem.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

There's no harm in trying but very few system manufacturers will replace a battery that's more than 12 months old.

I don't think Dell considers the battery user-replaceable - you will need to call, at which point they will likely sell you one.  One thing to be very careful of -- some third party vendors will insist a 9350 uses the same battery as the 9360 -- it does not.  The parts are different.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I think I will have a go at Dell first and see where that gets me.

Cheers

September 8th, 2018 05:00

Hi.  I've had a go at Dell and as would be expected they aren't interested in helping, even though I am just out of warranty.

Can anyone recommend a reliable 3rd party supplier of replacement batteries?

Thanks

No Events found!