Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 12th, 2019 08:00

XPS 13 9360 Display Glitching

My Dell XPS 13 9360 Display has been having this weird glitch for a couple of months now. It occurs randomly and has the highest chances of occurrence when I wake the laptop from sleep. The entire screen or parts of the screen sometimes glitch out.

Initially, I thought this was a hardware issue but after conducting Dell's LCD-Build-in Selt Test, it passed without any distortions. I also ran the entire Support Assist Diagnostics for my Display and it all turned out positive without any problems. I've reinstalled my graphics drivers but they seem to have no effect on the problem. I also think it doesn't have anything to do with my particular Windows Insider Build since I've gone through multiple updates so far and the glitching has persisted through all my updates. 

I normally solve the issue by putting the laptop to sleep and bringing it back up again by clicking the power button twice. Doing this, somehow causes the display to become normal and work again. Sometimes, this process will have to be done multiple times before the display stops glitching. 

Please help me identify why this is happening and fix it. It's becoming more frequent now and it's very annoying. 

Thanks in advance. 

(Note: I've attached screenshots to explain what happens)

Lock Screen.jpg

Login Page.jpg

247 Posts

July 14th, 2019 05:00

Most likely a hardware issues if only intermittent. Could be a display cable, or something more like a bad GPU. You could go to the Intel web site and run the CPU diagnostic tool which could give you more information on any problems. 

2 Posts

September 25th, 2019 09:00

Hi pranavAbraham,

I have exactly the same issue but, I guess, it occurs when my smartphone is near and it's triggered when I move the mouse after a moment I made a pause working (or reading on the screen). I ran also all the tests and nothing was found.

Could someone help us?

Thank in advance,

Ricardo

March 9th, 2020 18:00

@Jam1981 

Hey, after troubleshooting this issue for a while now, I've come to admit that this is caused due to some hardware defect in the display itself. There was probably some faulty components that resulted in a few batches of the display being manufactured defectively resulting in this "glitching" issue. 

If your warranty isn't voided, I would suggest you try and get your laptop display replaced from an official Dell service centre or from a third party reseller. Since I've already finished my warranty period, I'm stuck with waiting over a minute for the display to fix itself everytime I wake the laptop from sleep. 

1 Message

March 9th, 2020 18:00

I always get glitching screen when I turn On my Dell XPS 13 9360. But will be fine after hibernating or putting it to sleep. So I always have a wait time of around 1minute to be able to use my laptop.

I Tried simultaneously using a different LCD monitor and it worked fine during bootup as compared to its attached LCD screen. But when I hibernate the laptop for about a minute everything is back to normal. 

Has anybody experienced this issue too? what could be the problem?

1 Message

March 10th, 2020 10:00

I believe that the problems I face result from hardware or firmware issues rather than OS issues. (I run Linux and had, despite using it for 25 years, had presumed that this was a problem with a video driver.) 

Here's a video of my XPS 13 9360 exhibiting the display banding during BIOS setup. That this occurs during BIOS strongly refutes OS involvement and instead implicates hardware or firmware issues.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XBhgE8r4hGxyh6of8

(sorry about the terrible focus)

No Events found!