Highlighted
Mcharbs55
1 Copper

XPS 13-9360, accumulating issues

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help with the increasing number of issues on my Dell XPS 13 purchased about 8 months ago. I love this laptop but over time there seems to be more and more issues. They are as follows:

1. Sometimes the screen flickers black with some white lines. Happens very quickly and not a real problem but I am just worried about failure in the future. 

2. The issue I need to be resolved is that the Bluetooth has become unbearable. I can rarely get it to connect to any devices, and now windows won't even allow me to turn on the Bluetooth. I click the button but nothing happens. About a week ago the Bluetooth option disappeared completely and I had to do a fresh install of windows just to get it to come back. 

3. Coil whine. (not a huge deal but it is there)

If anyone has any solutions for these problems I would love to hear them! Thanks!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
petervivian
1 Nickel

Re: Dell XPS 13 9360 accumulating issues

My 9360 has the same flicker black screen problem. 

0 Kudos
Dpeters2020
1 Copper

I have a lot of experience dealing with the flickering screen and the other issues plaguing the the XPS.

To resolve the Flicking Monitor(s), please do the following:

- Update the Dock and PCs BIOS, drivers and firmware - Use the Dell Command Update application to do just this - If the XPS is using the Intel HD Graphics 620, do not update it download the driver version A02 there is a problem with A03 to A05.

-Ensure you have the 180W power adapter for the dock.  Dell says 130W is adequate but it is not

- Update/Install the driver for your monitor - this was a step that was missing since monitor drivers should not have much to do with this but I have tested this on 1500+ XPS, 7480, 7490 and any other device using the USB-C docking station and in many cases that has resolved it.

To resolve most of the issue with XPS, check to see if you XPS has a Toshiba or SK Hynix NVMe PCIe m.2 SSD replace it with either Samsung's NVMe PCIe or just a Samsung m.2 SSD.  I have done this on 9 of the XPS that have over heating issue, performance issues, crashes and other issues.  I tested one laptop that mange to make it to almost 200 degrees and after replacing it with a Samsung m.2 it worked as it should.  Fast Boot is still an issue but looks like its a Microsoft issue but do quote me on that yet.  The issue with Toshiba is most likely a design flaw. 

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
Dpeters2020
1 Copper

For the Bluetooth issue try using Intel's Win 10 Bluetooth.  If that does not resolve it replace the system board if you have not done so already.

0 Kudos
KHulk
1 Copper

Hi,

I had the same issue last week where bluetooth disappeared on me and I cannot even find the button to turn it back on.

What worked for me was that I went to device manager, go to bluetooth, disabled and then enabled it again. Solved the problem. 

Good luck! =)

0 Kudos
Erankatz
1 Copper

Mine had similar flickering issues!! After a little bit more than a year I had to change the screen completely. And a month later my processor died 

0 Kudos