Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 14th, 2018 03:00

XPS 13 9360 battery

I bought XPS 13 9360 last March. I recently found the battery may have some problems. When I unplugged the power, it shows 33% remaining. Then after one second, it drops to 9%. I wonder why.

9.4K Posts

December 3rd, 2018 10:00

Hi Disgusted Dell customer,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately, if your battery is 2 years old or older then it more than likely will need to be replaced.  

When you ran the battery health status test as described in the earlier post what was the outcome?  Per this article from the Dell knowledge base, the battery warranty has probably expired unless you purchased an extended battery warranty.

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

9.4K Posts

February 14th, 2018 08:00

Hi tonybag,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is an article from Dell's knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot Dell Laptop Battery Issues

February 15th, 2018 07:00

Whatever you do, make sure that you raise a support request before it's a year old.  Even though Dell's own software clearly displays that my battery needs replacing and is covered under Premium Support they are telling me that as it's over a year old they will not handle the problem.

December 2nd, 2018 09:00

Same complaint here.  Have premium service laptop 2 years old battery issues but did not take care of it when sent to the repair depot.  They returned it as fixed

1 Message

January 20th, 2019 21:00

Mine just bit the dust too. Unit purchased April 2017, but I barely used the thing. I just went to update it and plugged it in and bam.. battery needs replacement.. I've never had a laptop battery last for such a short amount of time before, particularly Dell. That's what I get going for consumer though (XPS 13) instead of business (Latitude).

1 Message

June 18th, 2019 22:00

I have the same thought, never experienced such a short lifespan of battery for Dell XPS 13, so called the premium and high performance Laptops.   

146 Posts

June 19th, 2019 01:00

It seems that it's common phenomenon for laptop batteries.

As long as the time goes by, like 1 year, 2 years...  the problem is coming.

we have placed many batteries for our clients, and didn't solve this problem now.

No Events found!