g.becattini
2 Iron

XPS-13 9360 black screen after suspension

I very often (almost ever) get a black screen hang-up after suspension. There is already a thread about but:

• the 3d is related to wake up from hybernation; I disabled hybernation at all, so my problem is with suspension.
  • the 3d does not allow however to post any reply.

My W10 PC is very "flat": no strange drivers, no strange programs. I furthermore have a twin XPS-15 9550 with almost the same configuration than XPS-13 that has not this problem.

The bug is very annoying (the only way out is to force switch off). Can anybody please help me?

5 Replies
Exhit
1 Copper

Re: XPS-13 9360 black screen after suspension

Yes. I can confirm the same issue. Plus, I had to wait a few minutes (was warm, not even close to hot) before I could turn it on.

Too many issues for such an expensive laptop.
perpetoom
3 Argentium

Take a look at Windows Event Viewer. Maybe there will be some hint about the reason of such problem.

You may also try temporary switching default power plan (named "dell") to windows "balanced"... Not sure it will resolve this issue, but might be worth a shot.

Highlighted
mongol.huu
1 Copper

same problem. My XPS 13 does not wake up. Have to bluntly shut down by pressing power button for long enough and restart the computer. Such a nuisance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Exhit
1 Copper

Sorry for the late late post. Maybe it was the Dell Power Saving profile that provoked it. It solved when I connected to the power (no, it wasn't anywhere near half empty battery).

0 Kudos
duitri
1 Copper

Hi

I've exactly the same issue. I've updated all video drivers from Intel and the others from Dell support : 

<service tag removed>

Interesting information : if an external display is connected on the USB-C port, the black screen issue never happens!

0 Kudos