Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

March 5th, 2018 00:00

XPS 13 9360, front LED blinking, 2 amber 7 white, won't start

My laptop won't wake up from sleep, nor it will restart after long press on Power button. Front LED light is blinking 2 amber 7 white twice, and then 2 amber 2 white then power down.

It was having lots of problem waking up from sleep, sometimes long press Power button caused it to reboot and I could get back on Windows.

But this time, I just couldn't get it to start up to even do Diagnosis.  I only have this laptop since October 2017.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

March 5th, 2018 04:00

2 amber/7 white is LCD failure.  Contact Dell to have a warranty repair arranged.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 2nd, 2018 12:00

If the screen is working correctly, the other two suspects are the cable that connects the screen to the mainboard, and the mainboard itself.  Check the connection to the board and check the cables for damage next.

Yes, there is a charge for support out of warranty - that's not just Dell -- it's with just about anything you buy (bring a car back to the dealership after the warranty expires and there will be a diagnosis charge, for example).

June 2nd, 2018 11:00

I have a similar problem!  I recently returned from vacation only to find that my XPS 13 9360, which was previously operating perfectly, will not POST.  According to Dell diagnostics, 2 blinking amber lights followed by 7 white indicates LCD failure; however, when I run the Dell built-in self-test (BIST) the screen changes colors as designed.  Unfortunately, my limited one-year warranty expired in December 2017.  Is it true that Dell charges just to speak with their customer support?  I have been a Dell owner since 2005!  What happened to their reputation for customer service?

ALF

June 6th, 2018 07:00

I don't understand!  There is no cable that connects the screen to the main board!  It is a notebook!  Are you suggesting that I open the "internals" of the notebook?

ALF

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 6th, 2018 08:00

Yes, there is a wiring harness that connects the screen to the mainboard, and yes - to check it, you will need to disassemble the system.

1 Message

November 27th, 2018 08:00

For what it's worth I found a loose screw inside my son's Dell which was giving the same symptoms.  It was a very small shiny silver screw as opposed to the black screws holding the back on.  It was floating around the motherboard area.  Once I reinstalled it where it is supposed to go the computer finally booted up ok.  I checked the other shiny screws and most of them were also getting loose.  They look like they're supposed to hold the keyboard in place.

No Events found!