Re: XPS 13 9360 - intel chipset driver update

@chenks76,

Did you try sending a private message?  Please try sending the message again with the express code or I can send you a private message.

0 Kudos
chenks76
2 Iron

no i simply posted it (or attempted to) in the thread.

0 Kudos

I have sent you a private message. Please share the details requested.

0 Kudos
chenks76
2 Iron

this forum is an absolute joke.
so i reply to the DM with devices details, i get a reply which i then try to reply to, only to be told i can't send any more DMs at the moment because i have sent too many.... so 1 DM is too many?

chenks76
2 Iron

i have finally managed to reply to the DM.

as i reported in the forum, it's the dell website that is reporting that the chipset drivers need updating, not the support tool.
please keep the discussion on the forum rather than via DM

You were requested to send a private message for us to check the tag, warranty & Support assist tool details.

0 Kudos
chenks76
2 Iron

which i did, and got a reply that wasn't relevant to what the thread is about.

DGLASBR1
1 Copper

I have the same issue on an XPS 9380. I'm running Windows update and Dell Update tools, and both say I'm all up to date, but when I run Dell SupportAssist (v3.2.1.94) or check drivers via the Dell support website it keeps telling me I need to install the Intel chipset device software driver v10.1.17903.8106. I've now installed the driver update a coup[le of times, but it still comes up as required. @chenks76 - did you get a fix in the end?
Highlighted
chenks76
2 Iron

no i didn't.

and to be honest i wasn't convinced that the responses from Dell even fully understood the issue.

clearly the dell support website thinks i need an intel chipset driver update, but the dell supportassistant tool (which is a completely annoying piece of bloated software IMO) says i don't. so which one is right? and why, when i then manually download the suggested intel chipset driver update from the site does it apparently do nothing to rectify the problem?

I also this have this issue that i reported here (https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-9360-Windows-10-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL/m-p/7281371#M27183) and i'm suspecting the two issues are related.

Tags (1)
amohannadi
1 Copper

I am facing the same issue with my Dell XPS 13 9360.

Anyone got solution so far?