Highlighted
1 Copper

XPS 13 9365 2-in-1, USB Type-C not working, #2

I've had the laptop for a few years now. The purchased 1 year warranty expired on June 9, 2018. I have encountered the problem of USB Type-C port at least three times. It was working ok then all the sudden it stopped, i.e not recognising any device connected to it. In the past, sometimes later the problem mysteriously disappeared, I guess it was due to some Window or Dell updates. Now it happens again as of June 18, 2020, just when I really need to use the USB Type-C port. I have updated all the RECOMMENDED and URGENT updates (including BIOS update) available on the official Dell websites. Tried to power off/on, reboot, restart etc. but nothing worked. I notice that after restarting my laptop, plugging in a USB memory stick would generate a sound indicating the USB Type-C port has been accessed, then nothing else happened.   

Please help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: XPS 13 9365 2-in-1, USB Type-C not working, #2

The XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 does not have USB-A ports. It has USB Type-C ports. So how are you connecting USB-A (mouse, keyboard, memory) to the XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 USB Type-C ports? Although never stated by you, we can assume that you are using some conversion adapter. I would first replace the USB Type-C to USB-A adapter and retest.

0 Kudos