Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Re: XPS 13-9365, Bluetooth completely disabled

There are some differences in your device listings and my system.  The Cisco AnyConnect is different, and even though it is disabled, it may still be loading drivers.

In the Bluetooth section, you have a "Device Identification Service" and I show a "Device Information Service".

I can't see the bottom of your Network Adapters, but I assume you have the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual adapters?

The reason the attachments don't show up right when posted is, I believe, they have to be approved by a Moderator.

But glad you got it working.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Rob386
1 Copper

I hope someone is still monitoring this conversation.  I have been having the same problem with bluetooth on my XPS 9365 since last October.  I've tried all the suggestions.  For the last couple months, Bluetooth came back after the restart/bios switch procedure, but went away again the first time the computer was restarted.  Now that procedure doesn't even work.  I just tried switching to bluetooth only and then turning wifi back on and it didn't work for me.

My problem started with the October BIOS update (October 24?).  I reverted to the old BIOS and bluetooth came back  and worked fine until a bios update in December I believe it was.  At that point I couldn't revert back to the pre-October bios since it will not go back farther than the last release.

I am convinced that this issue is somehow related to the October bios update.  Any other help?

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

@Rob386 wrote:

I hope someone is still monitoring this conversation.  I have been having the same problem with bluetooth on my XPS 9365 since last October.  I've tried all the suggestions.  For the last couple months, Bluetooth came back after the restart/bios switch procedure, but went away again the first time the computer was restarted.  Now that procedure doesn't even work.  I just tried switching to bluetooth only and then turning wifi back on and it didn't work for me.

There have been three Bios updates recently.  The current is 2.4.1 and I seem to be having no problems using Bluetooth.  I am not using one of the newer 9365s but one from Feb. of 2017.

You need to go through what you are seeing as far as devices and what driver versions you are using for the Intel Wireless-AC 8265 card.  You might also use the Device Manager to check the properties and Events tab to see what the Bluetooth might be doing regarding installed drivers.  Make sure and scroll the window in case there are repeating entries down in the window.

My current Bluetooth driver is 20.70.1.1 

If you look at Settings-Devices and Bluetooth, is it turned on or even showing?

If it isn't showing in Device manger, did you try disabling it in the Bios and then rebooting a couple of times and then enable it to see if it woke up?

There is always a chance a problem exists with your Wi-Fi card being involved.  These devices seem to be very reliable so hopefully it isn't that.  Loose antenna connectors may cause problems or high density Wi-Fi activity.

There was one Bios update I did not install, and it may have been the October version or 2.2.0.  If that one put something in your system which is responsible, all I might suggest is to set the Bios back to its default settings then go through an reset any changes you had made previously.

Any observations you have regarding driver installs or what happens when you try to pair a device or connect, might be helpful.  If you are having problems with a single device, try to remove it, reboot and pair it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ST...
1 Copper

just came across this which I hadn't seen before and it may be helpful for others so I thought I'd share:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/ca/en/cadhs1/sln284158/bluetooth-may-not-turn-back-on-when-usin...

0 Kudos
Mama_Shar
1 Copper

i did what you suggested and my bluetooth toggle switch is still not there - under device manager bluetooth was not listed - "bluetooth not connected, not present, disconnected"

someone PLEASE help me get my bluetooth back on my laptop!!!!

0 Kudos