XPS

Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 13 9370 4K mode slow scroll with HD images and videos

Hi,

I'm using 9370 in 4k mode. The problem that I experience is that when scrolling hi-res images and videos it is very slow. I was expecting a smooth scroll for a hi-end notebook like this.

I looked for a solution all over and I read that it's a 'common issue' and it remains unsolved. I've updated all the drivers and even tried Intel drivers. It improved a bit but the issue remains.

If I switch to HD resolution the issue is solved but some sites show awful fonts (e.g.: news.ycombinator.com) so I kept it in 4k but hating this notebook.

I was in between this notebook and a Mac Book Pro and I bought this one since I've been buying Dell notebooks for 20 years. If I don't get an answer on this I'll buy a Mac Book Pro and get rid of Dell forever.

Hello Dell, are you there???

Replies (2)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Answer from Dell 'no issue':

I understand your callout, Pablo but as the system is working fine in HD resolution this is not a hardware issue. You may get in touch with our advanced software support team on 1-800-288-4410 for further assistance.

It's sad Dell, very sad.

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to investigate this & assist you within my support boundaries.

How long have you been having this issue? Did the scroll option work better earlier?

What is the graphics driver & BIOS version installed?

Does this happen irrespective of the AC adapter being connected or not? Have you tried changing the power option to performance mode when using 4K?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions