Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 2nd, 2018 08:00

XPS 13 9370, DPC latency from ACPI.sys

So I bought a XPS 13 9370 as I read on several places that this is the beez kneez for an ultrabook. Sure, spec's look good and then some. Price is a bit high compared to similar products. But I sure pay a few extra bucks to have stuff working. But this thing isn't working. At least not for running a DAW it isn't. Dpc-latency is all over the places, and the only suggestion the internet tells me is to void the warranty and reapply thermal paste on processor, or to wait for DELL to come up with a solution (which, according to the internet, should have been done for a long time ago). Shipping my shiny new piece of useless machine to Dell for service probably won't do me any good, as it may take at least a month (or more) for me to get it back. And the problems may still be present. I'm a music producer, so 100% of what I need this PC to achieve is running a DAW. When running a DAW, there's no way to get rid of the cracks and pops, coming from the real time audio processing (Cubase 10, ableton live 10). All drivers up to date. Clarett 8pre (tb3) up to date. When checking LatencyMon, the big message is that ACPI.sys is failing. There's other stuff not great as well. But the main problem seems to be ACPI.sys. The solution is what I told before. Come on DELL! This is unacceptable. What are you charging 2000k$ for exactly? And for support? My only option is to phone you here in Sweden at office hours, which is exactly when I work and don't have time to call you. Truly hope any of you "DELL-people" read this, and understand that this is not a happy customer. What I guess I'm asking is: Give me one good reason why I shouldn't return this and spend the refund on something working!

4 Posts

December 26th, 2018 13:00

I responded to this thread

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Win-10-Home-High-DPC-latency-XPS-15-9570-ACPI-sys/td-p/6113042

with a solution that works for me. Found a software called Process Lasso.

Www.bitsum.com

Page 3 of the thread I do my best to describe what it does and how I used it.

I got both my external soundcards, Ur242 and Traktor S4MK3 working with no spikes.

3 Posts

December 7th, 2018 05:00

Hello you are not alone. There are a lot of debate right now about this topic. Myself I use 9560 and use Maschine + Ableton to produce and Traktor to DJ so I understand your frustration. What helped me and what I could suggest is uninstalling Realtek + MaxxAudio and install Generic High Definition Windows Device drivers and MAKE SURE no services are working in the background related to the Realtek and MaxxAudio. Hope this helps until this issue is resolved.

February 2nd, 2020 17:00

Hi there

did you notice seconds of delay caused by SMI interupts on recent bios?

details here: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-15-9560-BIOS-0-18-0-causes-SECONDS-of-SMI-latency-not/td-p/7477967

No Events found!