Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 13 9370 Keyboard Skips Button Presses

Jump to solution

Hi Justin,

is there any news regarding the ETA for the 9365 on the keyboard issue? I saw there's a new BIOS driver but couldn't quite confirm if there was any changes on the keyboard issues.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Cephei @lkuich,

Regarding 9570: Dell is about to test a new BIOS which includes a fix for the key skip. More updates to come in the near future.

@rbaba87,

Dell engineering has committed to fix the 9365 key skip in a new BIOS release but we still have no release ETA yet.

I will update the list in the coming weeks. 

Justin C Dell Technical Support | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Justin,

I am currently experiencing similar issues to those reported in this forum post (and this forum post: https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Keyboard-issue-with-Dell-Inspiron-13-5000-s...) with my Dell Insipiron 13 5379. I was on the phone with a Dell support representative for a couple hours yesterday, however the best they could end up suggesting was to mail it in for repair (which I am hesitant to do currently due to school and work, for which I heavily rely). I have seen that you have been quite heavily involved in this post as well as a few others on the topic. Any support or suggestions you may provide would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know if you need any further information from me.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm still having this issue. Updated to latest BIOS did not fix it. This thread should NOT be marked as SOLVED. Moderator - please change this asap and update us with a real fix.

I'm very fortunate I uses a BT keyboard most of the time, otherwise I'd have thrown the thing through a window 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

There's the same problem for XPS 9350, do we have a similar BIOS update for it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank god. Hopefully this update tweaks the fan curve as well, because it currently takes about 1 minute of the CPU at 99-100C before the fan kicks in on "optimized" or "ultra performance".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

BIOS 1.3.2 is now available for download. I haven't tested it yet myself.

Fixes:

• Battery can't charge over 55%
  • Incorrect Ctrl+Alt+Del log on message with HID Event filter driver
  • Platform can't boot to the PXE boot environment in Legacy mode via DA300
  • Correct the flash utility string typo
  • PCIE Card error shows in Support Assist Tool
  • Fail 'PCR1 changed' msg prompt in CMD during running TPM PCR cycles in OS
  • The PCI-to-PCI Bridge will lost while connecting to Dell Thunderbolt Dock TB18
  • Adjust fan speed
  • Skips keys when typing fast

Enhancements:

• None
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@saigai

Nicely spotted. I see it as well, wonder if they published it by accident early. I'll try it as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
If someone tests this, could they kindly check if the key double-pressing issue is resolved too? (mentioned a few posts ago on this thread)
I'd try myself but I'm on the road for a while.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I've just installed the BIOS version 1.3.2, and can confirm that both issues appear to be fixed.

• keyboard skips button presses
  • keyboard doesn't detect simultaneous keypresses reliably

Before installing the update, I made sure to reproduce both issues, so I can be sure I'm testing them properly.