Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2018 13:00

XPS 13 9370, Orange Light Blinking, shuts off when without plug

Hello. I bought an XPS 13 about a month ago. All of a sudden today, there was a blinking orange light that started to blink. Then, I thought there was an issue, so I unplugged the computer (84% battery). The computer out of nowhere just shut off. So, I replugged the computer and the computer started to turn back on. I have searched up the problem and saw nothing about the constantly blinking orange light. I have tried unplugging my computer charger and replugging it multiple times with no luck. How would I be able to fix this?

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

Does the system still recognize both the battery and the AC adapter at the hardware level (F2 at powerup - check this OUTSIDE of WIndows)?

There are two possibilities - that it's a bad battery -- in which case the system will likely show the battery as "unknown" -- and the other being that the battery is OK, in which case the mainboard is bad.

If you require further assistance, use the "Get Help Now" option at the bottom right to chat with a Dell technician right away.

DellRamanS_0-1647632188902.png

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

Since this is a brand new system - call Dell -- they'll walk you through the troubleshooting you need to arrange the warranty repair the system needs.

2 Posts

My XPS model is XPS 9370. I was wondering how you check battery status. Do you click Fn and Fn2 at the same time?

1 Message

September 4th, 2018 13:00

I have the same machine with the same problem. Can you tell me please how did you fix it?

2 Posts

October 20th, 2018 03:00

Hello, I've the same issue on my XPS 15 MLK. Please tell me if the is any fix to operate ? Many thanks,

1 Message

December 16th, 2018 07:00

Today the orange light on my 9730 started blinking too. As mentioned in the "solution" I restarted my machine and went into the BIOS, which then reported that my battery should be replaced. The indicator on the BIOS page showed the battery was loaded at 52%

I bought this laptop in May (2018) and now the battery is already bad?! How can this be?

33 Posts

December 16th, 2018 18:00

I had the same issue. Once Dell had my 9370 in hand it waited for parts for about two weeks before they could repair it. I've heard of the same problem form others. Apparently this is happening more often than Dell expected hence the lack of sufficient supply or replacement batteries. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 17th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Please read the Battery FAQ here

If the system is in warranty, I can assist you with the part replacement.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 17th, 2018 10:00

AadR, ShedG,

Follow the instructions posted by Dell-SreejithR.

No Events found!