Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2019 13:00

XPS 13-9370, bought from Adorama, 6 month warranty?

I recently bought a brand new XPS 13-9370 from Adorama in May 2019. It was shipped to them from Dell on November 9, 2018. I have the receipt and Adorama is an authorized dealer for Dell. But when I register the product online, it shows my product is already registered! And the warranty expires in Nov 2019. I contacted Dell support twice, and the same person named David replied twice with identical promotion email selling me extended warranty at extra cost! This is obviously Dell or Adorama's problem! But Dell customer service really disappointed me! This is my third Dell XPS and I would reconsider buying another Dell product. I've added this machine to my account. So Dell can directly see my service tag.

12 Posts

July 25th, 2019 16:00

To anyone who reaches this post:

I contacted Dell Twitter team and they are able to resolve this issue and extend the warranty based on my purchase date. I cannot believe they did it within two days. 

If you have any issues beyond technical problems like me, I'd recommend Dell Cares Twitter. They are way more efficient, and you don't have to suffer long delays and frustrating experiences with the two dudes above like me.

Good luck!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 10th, 2019 07:00

Due to the private data discussed, I sent you a Private Message.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 10th, 2019 10:00

Send me via Private Message the following data =

* A picture of the Adorama invoice showing the purchase date
* Your full shipping address
* Your phone number
* Your email address

12 Posts

June 10th, 2019 10:00

I emailed Dell two times with adorama receipt, no response except promotion email asking me to pay for warranty. Dell is not trying to help customers. Instead, they try to evade the questions and send private messages to you. I recently bought a brand new XPS 13-9370 from Adorama in May 2019. It was shipped to them from Dell on November 9, 2018. I have the receipt and Adorama claims itself to be an authorized dealer for Dell. But when I register the product online, it shows my product is already registered! And the warranty expires in Nov 2019. I contacted Dell support twice, and the same person named David replied twice with identical promotion email selling me extended warranty at extra cost! This is obviously Dell or Adorama's problem! But Dell customer service really disappointed me! This is my third Dell XPS and I would reconsider buying another Dell product. ! I've added this machine to my account. So Dell can directly see my service tag.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 10th, 2019 13:00

Please read the Forum Terms of Use.

The Adorama invoice was not sent to me. I have no idea who "David" is so cannot contact him via email.

Send me via Private Message the following data =

* A picture of the Adorama invoice showing the purchase date
* Your full shipping address
* Your phone number
* Your email address

12 Posts

June 10th, 2019 13:00

Just sent to you. 

Previously sent to  Moderator DCFAdmin. 

12 Posts

June 10th, 2019 14:00

So far I'm only describing the facts. 

If this issue is resolved, I don't want to complain anything.

Please just solve this problem for me. That will save time for both of us. 

Thanks,

- a busy worker from Stanford 

12 Posts

July 11th, 2019 13:00

Hello, 

It's been a month since I posted here for assistance. But I haven't heard back from the ownership transfer from Adorama to me. So warranty still expires in Nov 2019!

Someone from Dell please help!

9.4K Posts

July 12th, 2019 05:00

Hi peterliux,

Thanks for the message.  Let us look into this for you.  Please allow us until end of business day Monday to research this further.  Thanks.

9.4K Posts

July 15th, 2019 08:00

As of now, the Dell Global Tag Team is still working to resolve this issue.  Please contact me Wednesday to see if we have any further information for you.  Thanks.

12 Posts

July 15th, 2019 10:00

HI Robert,

Thank you for the help.

9.4K Posts

July 18th, 2019 11:00

As you are aware, Chris M and I are working hard to resolve this.  At this time there's a problem with smudging on the receipt which the tag team thinks there is some fraud involved here.  We will update you when we have more information.

12 Posts

July 21st, 2019 17:00

Ok, I blurred my phone number on the receipt because Chris M only asked for one with email address, name and address. I don't like spam phone calls.

If Dell is in doubt, please simply CONTACT Adorama to verify the purchase information. If you find it's a refurbished xps 13, I'll hold Adorama accountable.

Please check the conversation history here. My initial post was back on June 8th. No solution of the warranty issue since then despite some private messages. Before that, Dell customer service ignored my emails and sent me several identical promotional emails selling me extended warranty for purchase. 

A prompt resolution would help Dell's customer relations. My claim about a normal one-year warranty is reasonable. My credit card automatically adds one additional year of warranty.. But Dell's ignorance of its customer embarrasses me and its potential customer. 

9.4K Posts

July 22nd, 2019 05:00

Hi peterliux.  Thanks for your feedback, we've forwarded it along to the tag team.  We are working hard to resolve this issue for you, and hopefully we will have an answer soon.  Again, thanks for your patience.

12 Posts

July 22nd, 2019 12:00

Hello,

What's the reason that "the Dell Service Tag team has unfortunately rejected your request to extend the warranty."

Is there anything missing? Is Dell trying to trick its customer??????? (Edit: Not true. I just didn't find the right place. Go to Dell Twitter!)

I will post my experience to social media and may seek legal assistance (No longer needed). 

No Events found!